Nebraska-Omaha

budget wedding of 1500.00

I am trying to budget a wedding on $1500.00.  I am not a really fancy person..  i want something small, just family..  not having to have all the traditional things.  There will be about 100 total people that is inicluding kids and adults.  I havent really set a date, trying to find out the best place for the buck and then go from there.  My husband and i got married in the courthouse and now he asked if i would renew our vows and have a small wedding..  if the cost goes over a little thats fine, i am paying cash as we go..  any ideas where to start or any beautiful locations that are cost efficient..

Re: budget wedding of 1500.00

• edited December 2011
    I am trying to budget a wedding on $1500.00.  I am not a really fancy person..  i want something small, just family..  not having to have all the traditional things.  There will be about 100 total people that is inicluding kids and adults.  I havent really set a date, trying to find out the best place for the buck and then go from there.  My husband and i got married in the courthouse and now he asked if i would renew our vows and have a small wedding..  if the cost goes over a little thats fine, i am paying cash as we go..  any ideas where to start or any beautiful locations that are cost efficient..
  • Britt1406Britt1406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd suggest County or City owned buildings. They have great parks or community centers that are really low budget! I'd suggest having the ceremony & reception at the same location to cut costs too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    October 2012 Pumpkin Patch Babies click here for list.
  • edited December 2011

Pavillions at State Parks are nice too, and very affordable. 

• edited December 2011
    Bayliss Park in CB is cheap and so pretty.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • elirenee11elirenee11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    look into local fire halls too... usually they are pretty inexpensive, and some can be really niceSmile
  • HuskerfanzHuskerfanz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Parks, fire halls, American Legions, etc are your best bet.  Just don't forget about some hidden costs like renting chairs or tents if outside.

Here is a list of Omaha halls:
    www.tinyurl.com/halllist

A big area to save on is food.  You could do a simple cake and punch reception.  Just don't have the time be around meal time.  An evening reception could be fun.

I'm assuming all of your guests know you are married (they should), so call it a vow renewal as you already had your wedding.

Let us know if you want suggestions for other vendors!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
    TTC #1 since 08/11 IUI#2 = BFP!
  • karebear79karebear79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Since you are not tied to a specific date, try to stay out of peak wedding season, May-August. A lot of vendors offer discounts for out of season receptions. Have fun and good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards