Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Help with honeymoon location pleeasseee!!! I'm going crazy doing research!

Ok so I really wanted to go to Tahiti or Cook islands but then I realized how much it would be! 
So now I'm thinking of Mexico, Carribean, Puerto Rico or Dominican republic.  I'm looking for at least a 4 star resort...all inclusive would be nice but not necessary.  I want nice fine sand beaches, not rocky.  Also, my soon to be husband is a vegan so I need a place with lots of food options.  I've only been to hawaii so I have no knowledge of any of the places I listed.  I'd like to keep it under 5 grand for both of us.

Thanks again for all your help :)

I've been going a little bananas with research!

Re: Help with honeymoon location pleeasseee!!! I'm going crazy doing research!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_honeymoon-location-pleeasseee-im-going-crazy-doing-research?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:10b31468-50b0-4b80-91ec-56f433a1dac0Post:c9633a52-dc18-42a7-9d50-b8a1c23a6bac">Re: Help with honeymoon location pleeasseee!!! I'm going crazy doing research!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I say the Caribbean or Puerto Rico. I have been to Mexico many times and it is so cheap that you could go on a vacation there later. The DR has pretty water but I thought the food there was horrible. Look into the new W on Vieques Island in PR. Or on the main island there are some great hotels near Farjardo (the westin or El Conquistador) <strong>or you could go crazy and try the Horned Dorsett Primavera in Rincon (too expensive for me but worth the long drive for an amazing dinner and the best Pina Coladas in the Caribbean)</strong>. Also I think there is a new St. Regis that just opened closer to Old Town. Old town is so much fun to walk around and explore. Rent a car and you can see so many things. Good luck!
    Posted by spikeinc[/QUOTE]

We went to the Horned Dorset for our honeymoon and it was UNREAL!  Like Spike said, the food is incredible.  We had our own villa with our own pool, etc.  It was so amazing!  We also spent a few days in San Juan at the Intercontinental, which we also enjoyed.
  • Options
    we are going to virgin gorda, its stunning!
  • Options
    I had the same problem!  I went to the Sandals website and took their quiz that helps you decide where to go. It was very helpful and we've used the information from that to look at a bunch of places since we have a better idea of what we're looking for now.
  • Options
    Hey dizzygo this is Ernie with Cruiseone-The Powers Group.  I am a destination wedding and honeymoon travel expert.  I hear your pain!  There are a ton of resorts throughout the Dominican and Caibbean that would meet your needs and budget.  Some of my favorites are affiliated with Sandals Resorts and they have locations in both areas.  They include flights, food, liquor, and water sports, and will accomodate special dietary needs.  I can give you a better recommendation if you tell me a bit more....do you want seclusion? near a city and nitelife? do you want activities?
  • Options
    Thanks!!! I'm looking at Horned Dorsett Primavera but it's too far out to try to get a room.
    I'm going to check out the sandals website too. 
  • Options
    we're doing couples tower isle in ocho rios jamaica, AI, beautiful private beach, for 8 days 7 nights, for around $3500 they have great vegan options to, there are actually multiple trip advisor reviews about just that!
  • Options
    Check out Majestic Elegance in the DR. We were set on having a Sandals honeymoon, but this place seems to blow Sandals away!
  • Options
    Just came back from a (non-honeymoon) vacation at the Intercontinental in San Juan. Beach was lovely, hotel is beautiful, though the El San Juan next door looked really nice too. Food-wise, I'm not sure how easy it'll be to do vegan food in PR, but if you're keeping to the higher end hotels I'd say it's at least probable.

The nicest hotel I've ever been to (and I didn't stay there, just visited for the day) was the Four Seasons on Nevis.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I also have been going out of my mind! i have 7 months left and bc im going during a popular vacation time everything is up in price. DR is the only resonable place however we have traveled their before........
    any other sugestions for a winter honeymoon??????
  • Options
    I love Mexico and have been several times, but even when I went with a vegetarian it was really hard. I have heard Jamaica is good for vegetarians and vegans. There is also a website I've seen that recommends places for vegans and vegetarians. Don't remember what its called but easy to Google search.
  • Options
    How was the food at the Majestic Elegance Resort? The place looks nice from their website. I am getting married next June and we are trying to figure out a really neat place to go without spending a fortune. We would have loved to go to Hawaii but that was way too expensive!
  • Options
    I went to Majestic Colonial last summer (same property as Elegance) and the food was terrible.  I got food poisoning and the beds are hard as a rock; so after spending 2 days in bed my entire body ached from the bed!  On the plus side - by far the most beautiful beach I've ever been to!  But I wouldn't go back...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards