Wedding Invitations & Paper

I have no family he has so many

Ok so heres the problem we agreed to invite family and close friends.  The problem is none of my friends are going to be able to travel the 700 miles to get to the wedding.....  Not only that but the only family I have left is my mom dad and uncle...  we are having a small wedding anyways but I don't want the ceremony to look unblanced.  b/c as of now there will be 3 people on myside and like 70 on his....  what do i do?  This is why i wanted to elope but my fh wants a wedding....  someone please help!

Re: I have no family he has so many

• Are you sure none of your friends will travel?  You might be suprised.  Also - if the location you've picked means you have no guests, have you considered a different location?  It was important to me that my grandparents be able to attend, so we're getting married close to where they live.  They couldn't have traveled. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_family-many?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:85a7e155-b06d-4a05-be80-b50de22573dcPost:24f04aa1-1002-4774-92e5-228091a4303a">I have no family he has so many</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok so heres the problem we agreed to invite family and close friends.  The problem is none of my friends are going to be able to travel the 700 miles to get to the wedding.....  Not only that but the only family I have left is my mom dad and uncle...  we are having a small wedding anyways but I don't want the ceremony to look unblanced.  b/c as of now there will be 3 people on myside and like 70 on his....  what do i do?  This is why i wanted to elope but my fh wants a wedding....  someone please help!
    Posted by mrshoffer[/QUOTE]
    You don't have to seat people "bride's side" and "groom's side."  I don't think even people with balanced sides even do that anymore.  If that's your only concern, just let people sit where they like, and they'll just sit in the best seats available.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • I love the idea of not sitting in bride's/groom's section. My family is traveling, most of his is in the state. I have a good feeling my family will pile in an rv or bus together and road trip to our wedding! It may be a crazy sight, but I definately appreciate the effort they are putting forth. I was surprised they all said they would be there! Very exciting
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards