Texas-Houston

photographer - help!

Having a really hard time picking a wedding photog.  we are schedule to get married at Agave Road and I love all the details of that place.  I thought it would be better to go with someone that has shot at the site before but I am torn.  i found a photog that is GREAt with people, but I love another's photog's details shots better...

any advice or suggestions please!

also, has anyone seen feb weddingat agave? 

Re: photographer - help!

• tyboydtyboyd member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I booked with Lori from www.savvycouturecreations.com. She's great and very affordable.
  • Eboix518Eboix518 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Who are you looking at, and what is your budget?
  • Karamel_bpKaramel_bp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think you should find someone who can offer you both. You have the same idea I had, with wanting all the little details from your event. And you have to have someone who is people friendly. This is a happy occasion if they can't be a people person I think you should count them out immediately.

The person you choose should first be within your budget, second have the ability to speak and be friendly to a crowd of people. Third, have a eye for detail. If neither have all three I think you should keep looking.

My photographer had all 3 and the quality of her work is amazing. Take your time because this day only comes once, and if your photographer misses something you will never get that moment back. 
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Stephanie from SB Image Studios. I LOVE her, and her pricing is extremely reasonable. I actually just had my bridal shoot today, and it went really well. I am very happy with her work.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • HollyPW2011HollyPW2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lauren Anderson Photography!
    Very reasonable pricing and takes amazing photos.
  • edited December 2011
    Interesing article the knot posted this week...

http://wedding.theknot.com/wedding-planning/wedding-photography-videography/articles/top-20-wedding-photography-mistakes.aspx

And I cant remember where i read it/who said it... but i think you should find someone who suits YOU first, your budget second. If you fall in love with someone and their work, you'll make it fit your budget by cutting down on something else. It'll be worth it to have confidence in your photog and get along with them easily.
    Becca & Justin - 5/16/09 - Planning Bio My Blog(updated 3/12)

• kbates85kbates85 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I got married at Agave Road last November. They take such fantastic care of the grounds that it looks great year round. Agave was one of the best decisions that  I made.

PS - My photographer's Name is Erik Xydis with Lab L Arts. He did a fantastic job!
    http://lablarts.com/index.php?splash=1
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • mpwdpwmpwdpw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used David Hunter Photography.  The are out of Livingston, but work in Houston as well.  I love their style and plus I have known them for a few years.  I did look into finding other people but I couldn't find anyone else that I liked! lol  Plus i knew what their work was like and knew that they created spectacular pictures of me before. :)
  • Belle101781Belle101781 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Erica Moncada Photography is awesome and she will take amazing pictures. Erica is very detail oriented and will listen to you and will definitely work with what you want.
    www.ericamoncada.com
  • edited December 2011
     I held a surprise birthday party at Agave Road. All of the photos that "regular" people with "regular" cameras were just beautiful. I don't think it is possible to take a bad picture in their facility. The reason I say this is to support your decision in finding a photographer that you mesh with personally. 

I think picking a photographer was one of the hardest decisions for me. There are so many amazing and talented people out there that sometimes the selection process can be overwhelming.

I have chosen David Jones photography. I loved his work and I liked his personality. It seems like it will be a good fit all the way around.

Best of luck in your decision making process.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards