Tennessee
Options

Memphis Vendor Reviews - 04/23/2011 Wedding

Ceremony and Reception Venue - Brooks Museum of Art - B-
Everyone commented on how beautiful our venue was. We used the outside courtyard area for the ceremony, the lobby and museum for the cocktail hour, and the Brushmark restaurant and outside patio for the reception. It was very convenient to have the venue, food, and alcohol all in the package. On the negative side, it's pretty expensive and the contact person is very, very difficult to get ahold of.

DJ - Jimmy from Deep Blu Entertainment - A+
We absolutely loved Jimmy. We used Jimmy for the ceremony music, reception music, and outside lighting. He was very professional, reasonably priced, and kept the party going all night. We would 100% recommend him!

Cake - Cakes By Mom and Me - A+
We loved CakesByMomandMe!  We thought that this bakery had the best prices, best tasting cake, and best design work without using fondant (which was a criteria of ours). We got both the wedding cake and grooms cake here and were very, very happy. The designs looked exactly like the pictures that we gave them (including a cake by the Cake Boss!) and they tasted incredible. To top it off, they let you borrow the cake stand for free! We highly recommend this bakery!

Dress & Veil - All About Weddings - C
I got my dress and bridal party dresses here, but only because this was the only local place that had them. Their prices are a bit higher than other local stores and their customer service is lacking. That being said, I never had a "bad" experience here, it was just sort of "eh." I also got my alterations done here and I wasn't very happy. My dress was about 1cm too short in the front and the bustle broke halfway through the night.

Tuxes - Mens Warehouse - B
The prices were reasonable and the workers were nice. They gave the ring bearer an adult sized vest of the wrong color. They were able to fix the size of the vest, but not the color (We originally wanted him in the same color as the groom, not the groomsmen).

Rehearsal Dinner - Bhan Thai - A+
We loved having our rehearsal dinner here! The food tasted great and it was extremely reasonable prices! You are provided with the very cute house next door that includes the main floor for dinner and the downstairs, which has a cool bar area for cocktails. The space is free as long as you use their catering. The owner will work with you to stay in your budget.

Flowers - Lynn Doyle Flowers- F
We had so many problems with this florist. We experienced everything from them being late to the wedding to them completely not doing the flowers the way we discussed, to them being rude to our guests. We would 100% NOT recommend this vendor.

Guest Hotel - Spring Hill Suites Downtown - A
All of the guests mentioned how nice the rooms were. It provided free continental breakfast, a happy hour, and kitchenettes in the rooms. We also were able to rent a conference room and have the post-weddng brunch catered. It's been recently renovated so its still very clean and new.

Wedding Night Hotel - Madison Downtown - A+
The rooms were beautiful and they permitted us to spend time with some of our wedding party on the roof after the wedding. It was a great end to a great evening.

Makeup - Mac in Macy's Oakcourt - A
I love MAC makeup, so I did a trial run of wedding makeup there a few weeks before my wedding day. I absolutely loved it and made an appointment with the same woman for the day of my wedding. For a makeup application, you just have to buy $50 worth of products, so if you're a MAC lover anyway, its well worth it. The only problem with here is that its in a mall with other customers, so you might not get the attendant's attention for 100% of the time.

Hair - Pavo - A
I am a regular at Pavo so I didn't even consider going anywhere else. They did my hair, as well as some of the other women in the bridal party. Everyone was very happy with their hair!

Nails - Nail Bar on Mud Island - A+
For free, they'll let you reserve the entire salon for you and your bridal party. It's such a cute shop and they always do a wonderful job!

Wedding Rings - Diamond Brokers of Memphis - B+
We chose this jeweler because they had the brand of rings that we were interested in. They were a bit expensive, but had quality jewelry and great customer service.

Favors - St. Jude Children's Research Hospital - A+
We chose to make a donation to SJ as a wedding favor. They sent us bookmarks to give to each of our guests so that our guests knew that a donation was made in their honor.

Save the Dates, Rehearsal Dinner Invitations, & Thank You cards - Vistaprint - A+
I was able to design our own, along with the corresponding envelopes and have them shipped to the house. Very reasonable priced and good quality!

Wedding Invitations -  A Work of Heart by Cari - A+
Based on seeing a friend's beautiful invitations, we requested a referral. She sent us to Cari, who is a woman that works out of her home. She was incredibly sweet, did an absolutely beautiful job, and was very reasonably priced. http://www.aworkofheartbycari.com/

I hope that these reviews help and good luck planning your wedding!!

Re: Memphis Vendor Reviews - 04/23/2011 Wedding

• Options
    edited December 2011
    This is fantastic. Thank you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for your reviews.  We're having ours at the Brooks also and we've had the same experience so far.  It's been more than a week since our final tasting and I'm still waiting to find out what the entree will be for our vegan guests.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards