New Jersey - South

price of COngress Hall, cape may?

I just began my wedding planning...yay!!!! we are looking at so many placed and wanted to know more about this place. thanks.

Re: price of COngress Hall, cape may?

• cmaygrlcmaygrl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Nicky, I've never been to a wedding @ Congress Hall, but we did look at it last year, but we had to pass..... out of our budget.  But... the Congress Hall holds a lot of history, and would be a BEAUTIFUL place to hold a wedding!!  I'm reading thta a few of the knottie girls have had/will have their wedding there (there are about 6 or so of us "knotties" that are getting married in C.M) and they can offer some useful information.   It's a beautiful thingSmile

We are having ours in Cape May this May.... ceremony on the beach and reception at Union Park Restaurant (small wedding --- about 65-70 people).

Good luck w/the planning!

• edited December 2011
    I attended a wedding at Congress Hall.  Not sure of the price pp but I know they had a minimum guest count (which was 200 people or something).

In my honest opinion, it was very pretty and the food was very good.  BUT, it wasnt blow-everything-else-out-of-the-water nice.  The hotel is pricey too, so if you have OOT guests you should consider that as well (I payed $250 to stay across the street at the Star Inn).
  • dd78dd78 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congress Hall is beautiful!  We also considered it but because of budget, we just couldn't do it.  Is Congress Hall available on your date?  I know they book quickly. You should give them a call soon if you haven't already to get the details.
    imageAnniversary
  • sbf2sbf2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi! I am getting married at Congress Hall. We were very flexible with our date which meant that we chose a weekend and a day that Congress Hall was trying to 'sell', they offer promotions on unpopular dates and we grabbed it. It can be very expensive otherwise, and hotel rates go from $180 to $300 a night. We are recommending a number of hotels to guests in various price ranges so we don't make it out of question for them to attend.

Definitely give Krista John from Congress Hall a call, she will email all the information you need over.
  • sbf2sbf2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh and the Star Inn is owned and operated under the same company as Congress Hall...haha. They don't advertise that...but they own quite a few hotels/restaurants in Cape May, Atlantic City and Philly. And the minimum guest count depends on what day of the week you have the wedding. For instance, I have a min of 125 people for a Sunday.
  • Jessie888Jessie888 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congress Hall is beautiful!! I definitely always wanted my wedding there, but they did have a minimum guest amount and I was looking for a smaller wedding. It has the most gorgeous rooms and anyone who goes there falls in love with it!! Good luck!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    What time of the year was the wedding?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards