Alabama

Rehearsal Dinner/Hotels venues in Birmingham/Trussville area?

Hi Everyone!

I am getting married in a small town north of Birmingham in June.  However, since my fiance is from out-of-state, most of his guest will be staying in the Birmingham area.  We are still deciding on a nice hotel within reasonable distance from the airport (that maybe has a transportation option available) to block rooms for guest.  I would really appreciate any suggestions!  
    Also, since so many guest will be located in Birmingham, my finance's family is also interested in having the rehearsal dinner there.  Does anyone have suggestions of a fun but elegant venue that can accommodate a fairly-large seated dinner?

I don't usually post, but since I'm not currently living in the area of the wedding, any suggestions will help!
lindsay

Re: Rehearsal Dinner/Hotels venues in Birmingham/Trussville area?

• edited December 2011

I have a large number of guest coming in from out of state as well... We picked the Hilton Garden Inn on Liberty Park. It is in a great central location so guests will have their pick of dining and shopping options. It's about five miles from the airport and right off of I-459, but definitely worth the drive. The immediate hotels around the airport are not in the safest locations. Not sure how familiar you are with the area so let me know if I can help!

• edited December 2011
    I stayed at the Sheraton over the summer for a convention and it was very nice.The immediate neighborhood seemed a little sketch, but there is a shuttle from the airport to the hotel. There is also a shuttle system that the hotel is on that runs to a lot of the night life attractions. As far as a restaurant goes, I haven't been to it but I've researched the B&A Warehouse and it seems really nice. It has a bit of a eclectic vibe with some old school charm. Plus, they cater! Hope this helps.
    Next to being married, a girl likes being crossed now and then. - Jane Austen
  • SchrodengerSchrodenger member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Sheraton is nice. The Redmont and the Tutwiler are also downtown and offer shuttles. The airport in Birmingham is semi-centrally located with respect to the city. It is farther away from some suburb sprawls such as Vestavia, 280 area, and Hoover. Downtown has several great places for rehearsal dinners:
    1) Cafe Dupont, a white table cloth restaurant with New Orleans inspired cuisine. They have this (typical of downtown) upstairs loft area where they do private parties, lots of rehearsal dinners. The area seats about 60-70 people.
    2) Urban Standard - this is a really cool funky coffee house that could offer an offbeat type rehearsal dinner. I was in their once when they were setting up for a rehearsal dinner and with all the mismatched tables, it looked really cool.
    3) B&A Warehouse - I have heard great things about them. They are also near to the area.
    4) Bottega- This is a fancy restaurant in the Highlands area of town. I believe to rent out the restaurant is relatively pricey, but their food is fantastic.
    5) Fish Market - This is a locally run business that is rapidly expanding. A fabulous Greek chef created this restaurant. It had a great side room that he rents out for parties. You might even be able to get the whole place. It is downtown near all the other restaurants (on 22nd St).
    I could go on... I've lived in Birmingham for a long time and gone to a lot of weddings and rehearsal dinners here. If I think of another I will post again. All of the hotels have shuttles that go to all of these places. There are other hotels further up 20th street that also have shuttles.
    Hope this helps!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    This is great!  Thanks so much for all of the help!
    lindsay
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards