Maine

Did you get your dress in Maine?

I am planning a weekend to meet my mom (who lives out-of-state) in Portland for dress shopping.  We are thinking about going to: Spoil Me, David's Bridal, Eco-elegance.  Any feedback on those places?  What about Andrea's?  Anywhere else we should to go in Portland?

How about Bangor?  I stopped in at House of Brides, but didn't really like anything there.  Anyone had good/bad experiences at the Bangor stores?

Re: Did you get your dress in Maine?

• hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress at David's.  I would recommend that if you can get a Friday appointment there, then do it.  They are slightly insane there on the weekends and you'll get a lot less personal attention.  I had a great experience there, but it was a Friday afternoon and there were only two other girls trying on dresses so we had a ton of personal attention.  I've been in there on the weekend with bridesmaids and it was a zoo!

I've heard great things about Andrea's. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • sueslacksueslack member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress at Andrea's in Portland. My consultant, Ashley, was fantastic! I'm from NY and went shopping with my mom there as well, but hated it. I had the best experience at Andreas!
  • amshaw1amshaw1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got mine at Andrea's and I had Ashley too.  She was so sweet.  We went on New Year's Eve morning (a Friday) and had the whole upstairs to ourselves.   I'd go back in a heartbeat.
  • edited December 2011

I also went to Andrea's and I've had appointments during the week and the weekend.. it is WONDERFUL!  I've worked with Julia every time (the owner) and she is just fabulous.  I definitely recommend going there!!

• edited December 2011
    Thanks, really glad to get the feedback, especially since we weren't sure about Andrea's, but now it's definitely on our list.
  • edited December 2011
    I purchased my dress from the Bridal Gallery in Bangor.  I had a great experience picking out my dress, however, getting my dress in hand was a whole other story.  It took 9 months!  My MOH got her dress there and ordered it the same day and hers arrived in 3 months.  Other than my personal experience, I have heard a lot of great things about them.

I have ordered my BM dresses from Andreas and had 4 visits there total to pick them all out and order them.  I worked with Julia for the most part and Laura on the night Julia wasn't on.  I highly recommend Andreas, they have a great selection, hours, and service.
  • goodhaamgoodhaam member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also got mine at Andrea's. They are absolutely fabulous! Would recommend them to anyone! 
  • edited December 2011
    I am checking out Bridals by Sandy in Alfred and Fabulous Formals in Sanford this Friday. I can't wait! Has anyone tried either of these places?
  • schadbourneschadbourne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

i went to Davids in portland....ugh

the first lady i had was annoying and obviously pushing sales, and the seccond older lady was very sweet (but i was not going to tell them that i was simply trying to see what styles looked best on my body type)

my mom is making my dress : )

• edited December 2011
    I found my dress at Eco-Elegance.  They have an assortment of higher end new and consigned dresses.  I have nothing but wonderful things to say about April.  She is very knowledgable about everything dress related, from designers to alterations.  Whenever she has a client scheduled she closes the shop so that she can give you her full, undivided attention.  I do have to say they don't have the largest selection of dresses (especially for someone in the smaller sizes 2-6, like me), but definitely give them a shot.  I am extremely picky and went in expecting to not find a dress to fit my criteria.  Like any bride, I cannot even begin to tell you how excited I was when she put me in my dress.  In a super eco-friendly person so buying  locally and consigned was really important to me.    Have fun and good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • meganyanimeganyani member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is also Henry's Bridal in Bangor. I didn't buy my dress there but they seemed to have quite a lot (and some of the brands I was looking at in my home state). I should think Portland has a better selection though!
  • edited December 2011
    Ok, I have made appointments at Andrea's, Ecoelegance, David's, and Spoil Me for the weekend when I meet my mom in Portland. 

Just a quick note that I ran over to Henry's Formalwear in Bangor earlier today, and I was pretty impressed with their stuff.  They had a section of summer-y weight dresses, and I like a couple of the silk ones. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards