Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Honeymoon help

Are there any seasoned travelers, I have a lot of questions. So as some of you know  we are about to booked the honeymoon, a cruise with carnival to Jamaica from Miami…but I just found out that you have to pay for all drinks on the cruise which sucks. And the cost to park at the port is $20 a day….Is there anyway to get around this?….Also the activities they have at each port what is the average price range or is that included with the price per passenger? Since we are booking threw one of those travel sites (vacationstogo.com) will we pay them for everything we plan to do or will we pay them just for the trip it self? What all documentation will we have to bring, I know a passport and ID is needed but will we need anything else? Sorry if I’m bombarding you ladies with so many questions it’s just this is all new to us.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Honeymoon help

• Options
    1.  Everything is a separate fee.   There are some package deals but these are few and far between.  You need your passport and your ticket is booked in the same name as your passport.  You cannot switch the name on your passport until after you file your marriage license with city  (or county) where you obtained your license.  

2.  Some cruises allow you to prepay for drinks so you can budget in advance.  The cost of drinks also includes sodas at the small bars by the pool.  Or in other words, sodas by the pool cost extra.    If you like wine with dinner, you can buy a bottle of wine and they will save the leftover wine from one dinner for your next dinner. 

3.  Your passport is suitable ID.  Once on the ship, you will need to bring your ticket for any off-ship excursions.  They will give you a plastic ticket with an e reader.  If you are renting a car, you will need a driver's license.  You can arrange for shuttle service from the ship to the local airport.  

4.   Activity prices vary dramatically.  A hike runs $20 to $50 each person while a scuba dive can cost a couple of hundred each.  More reasonably priced cruises have more reasonably priced activities.  The reverse is true for expensive cruises. 

5.  You can always sight see on your own.  Pay attention to timetables because the boat will leave without you and won't care that you got lost at the port.  No refunds for missing the ship

Good luck and have fun.  
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Carnival has a best price guarantee so you could book directly through them rather than use vacations to go.  I don't know anything either good or bad about vacations to go, I just looked at the Carnival site a lot and they have a lot of good information. 

Also, if you are under 21 some cruiselines require proof of your marriage to let you travel alone.  My cousin had to do that.
    We ran off to Vegas and got married!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards