Wedding Woes
Options

i want to take up smoking (LONG)

just so i can put a cigarette out on his eye -- i had a run-in with gargage guy that i hate.

the car is in for fixin', so i am driving a rental car.

side story -- i apologozie if any of you drive a chevy mailbu but that car sucks (so i am sorry if you drive one, for many reasons).  whotf takes that car for a test drive and is all, "oh yeah, this is the one?"  just suckage.  at one point when dh was following me to the garage, we took the ramp to the highway.  i looked in my rearview and dh in the malibu was just put-putting up the ramp.  i love entering highways at 20mph.  at least dh doesn't have to worry about me picking up dudes in this car because no one wants to get inside.

okay, so back to my cigarettes of pain infliction.

i have preferred parking because i carpool.  (technically, baby mo counts as a second passenger.  i don't make the rules but i sure as hell am going to take advantage of them.)  there is a sticker on the car that indicates this.  because i am driving a rental, i forgot to take the sticker out of the car and put it on the rental.

this morning, i pull into the spot i normally park in, and garage guy is standing next to me.  he tells me to move the car because there is no sticker.  i tell him yes, it's because it is a rental.  he tells me there must be a sticker to park there.  i tell him i'm not moving the car and that i will get a temp sticker.  he mumbles something and walks away. 

i speak to facilities; they kindly issue me a temp sticker.  (btw, facilities asks me why garage guy won't just let me park there for the week i will have the rental, and i suggest that they ask him that.)

while i am down in the garage putting them damn sticker on the terrible car, i have a quick walk around.  THE THREE CARS ON EITHER SIDE OF THE RENTAL -- SIX CARS TOTAL -- DO NOT HAVE STICKERS.

so either this guy is targeting me, or he is just a d!ckbag.  i am conflicted as to whether i should escalate this with facilities.  on one hand, i think this guy should know he is a douche.  on the other, i'm out of here in two months.

Re: i want to take up smoking (LONG)

• Options
    Maybe they all got the same beaurocrat treatment as you.
  • Options
    WzzWzz member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited March 2012
    i vote that he is just a DBag. not sure if it is worth escalating, but i can relate to the cigarette-in-the-eye wishes and caviar dreams.
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    Maybe he was hitting on you?
  • Options
    [QUOTE]Maybe he was hitting on you?
    Posted by 6fsn[/QUOTE]

i just said i was driving a chevy malibu, which is like driving a giant c-blocker.
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_i-want-to-take-up-smoking-long?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:bba1d557-b41f-4345-9abc-e87e68963dfbPost:07f04666-82f1-4970-b971-a4a5dfe8ec08">Re: i want to take up smoking (LONG)</a>:
    [QUOTE]i just said i was driving a chevy malibu, which is like driving a giant c-blocker.
    Posted by hmonkey[/QUOTE]

That's true.  Now if it was a camaro......
  • Options
    I think this about every rental car I get. Who the hell buys these cars and is okay with it? Im driving a Chevy Cruze today and it's "fully loaded". That means nothing.
  • Options
    Dickbag, for sure. 
  • Options
    Maybe he hates Chevy Malibus too.
  • Options

rentals make me sad - they never have anything awesome like subarus available.

you can use the lottery winnings to pay off the judge after your burning spree.

• Options
    WzzWzz member
    use your lotto winnings to buy out the garage and be this guy's new boss.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_i-want-to-take-up-smoking-long?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:bba1d557-b41f-4345-9abc-e87e68963dfbPost:b1887007-80b6-4224-9f33-738e42053ef0">Re: i want to take up smoking (LONG)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think this about every rental car I get. Who the hell buys these cars and is okay with it? Im driving a Chevy Cruze today and it's "fully loaded". That means nothing.
    Posted by PMeg819[/QUOTE]

PMeg, we had a rental when we were out of town last weekend, and the rental counter had this bigass banner that said "We have Chevy Cruze!"  And?
  • Options
    4 realz.  hide your shame, rental agency.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards