March 2013 Weddings

Venue Ideas

Hey All,

We are planning on having a wedding in a years time and are so very excited!!!  We would like to have a beachy style wedding (we are Florida people) but something that we can do indoor/outdoor style.  Here's the thing - I don't want a hotel to dictate everything, we would like to pick our own staff and caterers.  Also, we have about 75% of the party coming from out of town and even out of the country - so we want to have a "wedding weekend" - a place where before and after the wedding, we can enjoy the pool/beach/whatever as a group.  Something that is just ours for the entire weekend.  We live in Ft Lauderdale.  We feel if we do the wedding somewhere and have everyone stay somewhere else, we won't get everyone back together - it would be too much effort.  Any ideas?

Re: Venue Ideas

• not to be rude but sounds like your asking for alot. I have no clue where you'd find a place like that.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think you'd get more responses on your local board. I have no idea what kinds of places like that exist, especially in FL.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • handheldhandheld member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    can you maybe rent a private beach? Ive never been to florida so I dont know what kind of things are available but it seems if you rent a private beach youd could maybe get it for the whole weekend hire your own venders and your friends and family could stay at near by hotels and visit the beach with you as a group after your wedding. Seems like it would be costly though 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker There is no right or wrong way to have a wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards