Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Outside Photog confusion

So I have a read a lot from other postings about the Cashman monopoly and how some hotels make you pay a fee for using an outside vendor, and others refuse to let you take pics at all anyweher on the property. 

I was expecting that Planet Hollywood would tell me I couldn't do another photog for the ceremony, and I would have to pay to use one afterwards or even that I could not do it at all.

I remember when we booked our venue, our WC at the chapel said no other photogs during the ceremony, so I asked our catering manager about other photogs for the reception and she said SURE NO PROB- AND THERE IS NO FEE!

What?? From everything I read, Ceasers is strict on this, and Ceasers owns PH, so I am wondering my if catering manager is wrong.... or if this is really is true?  Anyone know?

Re: Outside Photog confusion

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't see why the catering manager would be misinformed but I would get a written confirmation from you WC, just to be sure.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_outside-photog-confusion?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:1af0e435-6073-4489-afd4-50cf9e376ed8Post:a66bf188-a55f-4076-8969-7af2807480d8">Outside Photog confusion</a>:
    [QUOTE]So I have a read a lot from other postings about the Cashman monopoly and how some hotels make you pay a fee for using an outside vendor, and others refuse to let you take pics at all anyweher on the property.  I was expecting that Planet Hollywood would tell me I couldn't do another photog for the ceremony, and I would have to pay to use one afterwards or even that I could not do it at all. I remember when we booked our venue, our WC at the chapel said no other photogs during the ceremony, so I asked our catering manager about other photogs for the reception and she said SURE NO PROB- AND THERE IS NO FEE! What?? From everything I read, Ceasers is strict on this, and Ceasers owns PH, so I am wondering my if catering manager is wrong.... or if this is really is true?  Anyone know?
    Posted by xtinazeternity[/QUOTE]

According to recent changes - Caesars is no longer allowing an outside photographer for the ceremonies, that doesn't apply to photographs on the grounds or at a reception on their property (as far as I know).  Did you read somewhere that Caesars would not allow an outside photographer at a reception?

It sounds right that you can have your own photog for after pictures and the reception at PH.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got married at PH and had my own photog for a fee, I don't see why they would charge for an outside photog at the reception, everyone to include your family will be taking pictures anyway.
  • Options
    jccswljccswl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had my ceremony and reception at Caesars. The rules apply to the ceremony, but NOT the reception. The only services to use the ballrooms is the catering. The ceremony and reception are operated by separate departments. We had no problems using our  own photog for the reception.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!  I think I got confused when I read some of you had an outside photog for a fee.  I assumed you brought them for before and after the ceremony only (and used cashman for during the ceremony).  I assumed this because my WC told me NO outside for a fee during the ceremony- its Cashman period. 

Encore- maybe they changed the policy... I will call Erin and check.  How much was your fee, if you don't mind me asking?
  • Options
    smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know it's a different animal but at the Golden Nugget, you cannot have another photog in the CHAPEL but if you are married in a meeting room/ballroom as we will be, you can do whatever you like.

I would follow up on the exact rules for the exact locations as there may be a difference.
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards