Pre-wedding Parties

Great ideas for shower guest interactions?

My SIL and I are hosting our other SIL's bridal shower. We're working on getting invites out. It's been 8 years since either of us hosts were married. Any neat ideas for guests to be involved with creating something special for the bride? Whether advice cards? Date ideas? or Recipes?

TIA

Ever wonder what Life in the White House is like? Stop in for a visit!

Re: Great ideas for shower guest interactions?

• Honestly most people aren't going to return the recipe cards and you're going to get 20 pieces of paper that say - Don't go to bed angry.  Conventional advice on this board it to skip them.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I agree with PP, many people either forget to bring the recipe cards with them or the same piece of advice gets written on the advice cards.

One idea that I came across on Pinterest (amazing site!) was to create a Date Night mason jar.  Each guest can write a date night idea on a popsicle stick ie. "Picnic in the Park" or "Ice Skating and Hot Chocolate".  When each person has written down their ideas, gather up all the popsicle sticks and put them into a decorated mason jar.  Then whenever the married couple wants to have a night out, they can pull a stick from the jar and that's their date night!

Personally, whenever DH and I want to have a night out, we usually go back and forth for about an hour trying to decide what to do.  We usually end up either doing the same thing or just staying home.  This is a cute way to jazz it up and also be spontaneous at the same time.  Hope this helps!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker "Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • This idea depends on the crowd and tone of the shower...but we did a beer guessing game for our friends' couples shower. You could change it a bit to be wine or girly drinks, too. FI handed out 10 small cups of beer and the list of brands and each participant had to guess which brand went to which numbered cup of beer. It was a hit!

We also played the Wii, but it wasn't wedding related at all.

We didn't get to do this, but another friend had an idea of adapting Apples to Apples to be more of a wedding theme. You would have to come up with ideas for the red cards...like first dance, garter toss, cake cutting, etc.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    So ready to bring our families together and PARTY on April 13th, 2013!
    image 225 Invited
    image 53 Are ready to party!
    image 18 Will be missing out!
    image 154 Are MIA!
    Reply requested by March 23.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards