Snarky Brides

Insane??

So we signed a lease on a beautiful house! It's like something out of a magazine!

We have our current apartment until Jan 31, but we're going away Jan 6-13 and I really don't trust the current landlords in our place with our stuff and cats without us here. Also our new landlord said we can have the keys tomorrow....

So..... FI wants to move in December 28, which gives me exactly 8 days to pack. During which is also Christmas, where we have at least 4 family events to attend.

It is entirely possible I may lose my mind in the next week. But it also means getting away from this place sooner, so I'm torn.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Insane??

• Good luck with that! 

I will say when we moved out of our apartment into our house we packed and moved everything in like two days. We hustled like crazy, so it's doable. And we moved everything in FI's Element and my Rav4, no moving vehicle.
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Best of luck and congratulations on the new house! Moving is a pain, but the good part about it taking place so soon - and at this busy time of year - is that it will also be OVER faster than you can say, "Bubble wrap!"
  • Thanks everyone! I'm excited, but stressed. Especially since I'm still getting over my cold!

• I'm so excited for you guys! You can do it! Yay!
  • I think you can do it. Might be a little hectic and crazy, but you got it. Hopefully your current place isn't too big, thus meaning not too much stuff :) Good luck!!
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We got our keys tonight, so we moved a few boxes in and I cleaned out all the cupboards. We didn't want to come back to our apartment, so FI is talking about trying to move our bed tomorrow after work! LOL

• When I moved into my new apartment (from a 1 bedroom to a 3 bedroom when DH and I got married) I had THREE days to move, but I had to work each day, so that only left the evenings. DH helped out as well as a few guys who moved the furniture (it was only 2 buildings over which made it nice! No truck needed.

For folded clothes, I just packed them super fast into a couple suitcases, wheeled them over and dumped them out in the new place and repeat. For hang-up clothes, I laid out a flat sheet and piled the clothes on the sheet, then folded the sheet up and carried them over - then just unfold the sheet and re-hang!

Good luck with your move!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards