Arizona-Tucson

Reception Venues

Just want some ideas of where you guys have gotten/ are planning to get married.  I am seriously looking at Desert Diamond hotel and some other resorts like The Arizona Inn and Westward look.  I really want a resort style wedding, at a lower cost.  We have a party of 30-40 people.  Live in Sv so foot work is going to be a pain in the tush.  Also had the idea of the zoo (we are members) or the Desert Museum.

Re: Reception Venues

• edited December 2011
    All I can recommend from experience is the Tucson Country Club. Ceremony and reception were both there, and it was beautiful. No hotel rooms, unfortunately.
  • t.kaufmant.kaufman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We looked at Westward Look. gorgeous. but to me it seems pricey. Not sure what your budget is, but I'm guessing the other two options you mentioned would be cheaper. We also have a party of about 30.. and if I remember correctly, Westward Look had a minimum of $2500 that you had to spend on food in order to have the venue... which is a lot of money for 30 people. Still cheaper than a lot of the other resorts though [Ventana Canyon resorts and Westin la Paloma are on the high end]. Westward Look has this amazing rooftop with 360 views of the mountains/city. It's amazing! $1000 to hold the ceremony there if you are also having your reception there. $2000 if you just want the ceremony. Their other options for ceremoney/reception are okay... though not amazing.

I don't know anyone that has used any of these venues though. sorry. just go visit all of them, see what the price points are, what they offer, and how comfortable you feel with the staff. Good luck!

~TK
  • t.kaufmant.kaufman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Don't you have to be sponsored by a member in order to have your event at a country club?

~TK
  • edited December 2011
    Country clubs here usually don't require memberships to have a wedding there.  Arizona Inn is gorgeous, and that was the runner up for us.  However, most of the country clubs have high minimums that they don't change, and if you are having a small wedding (I am), they become rather expensive.  That was one of the main reason I didn't like the resort receptions--they just weren't cost effective for a wedding my size. That, and I wanted a site that fit our style a little better.. for me, the resorts felt too.. i don't know, just off.

Tanque Verde Guest ranch delivered the kind of outdoor ceremony site we wanted, along with a pretty ballroom with character, and they got rid of their minimum for us. Its outdoorsy but still elegant, which was exactly what we wanted.   

Either way, there's tons of small wedding sites in Tucson, you just have to look really hard.  Good luck, I hope you find the perfect place!
  • edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding at the zoo a couple years ago and it was very nice.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Photobucket
  • jamjar11jamjar11 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I looked at tons of venues, and it sounds like you should look at Tanque Verde Guest Ranch is you are stuck of the resort-style feel. I was close to choosing them, but I really fell in love with the Stillwell House. I am having both my ceremony and reception in outdoor garden, but they let you use any of the areas of the property. They have amazing deals for ceremony and reception during off peak months, but if you just want a reception they also can put something together for your needs a la carte. They also do in-house catering and the food is delicious! It's not as resort-y, but its beautiful.
    April 2011 November Siggy: Venue Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards