Wedding Reception Forum

Reception Hall doesn't match my colors

Well I want my colors to be white, yellow, and green. I was going to add a pop of pink as well (which Im not sure of now). The reception hall I have does not really go well with light colors though. It is a pretty hall, but it isn’t what I want it to look like. Is there a way to dress it up or Cover it up. The hall is a gold/maroon color. Including the carpet….well I am afraid those colors are going to clash with my décor now. Any advice? Also, there are not many halls in the area so I can’t just go find the hall that fits what I want. Plus I am having my wedding in april and I really can’t afford having an outside wedding set up (which I would love). I am willing to spend money on throwing some drapes on their walls IF I have to. BUT is that even possible? And what would I do with their carpet? Is there anything I can throw down over that WITHOUT looking cheesy and cheap.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Reception Hall doesn't match my colors

• I am  actually going to go look at the hall next week when it is set up for a wedding, so I guess I will get a better idea of how it will look then. I just don't want it to look bad on the big day and realize I made a big mistake.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You are over-thinking this.  It will be fine.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_reception-hall-doesnt-match-colors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:94e3f38a-2c72-499a-a80c-944405536338Post:eee55d81-1c33-40e1-b673-fed8e0700dd9">Re: Reception Hall doesn't match my colors</a>:
    [QUOTE]You are over-thinking this.  It will be fine.
    Posted by lyndausvi[/QUOTE]

yeah, for some reason I keep getting this.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If you're having a dinner reception, the lights will be dimmed anyway, so it won't be as noticeable. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • At what other time do the dresses of the guests of honor have to match the walls or carpet of the room that the party's in?

As pps have said, you're overthinking this.  The wedding industry would have you believe that things like the BM dresses matching the walls is critical to the success of your wedding.  Why?  So that they can convince you to spend $$ on uplighting, piping and draping, and more.  But the fact is, it's NOT critical to the success of your wedding.

A gracious bride, a beaming and proud groom.  Good food, good drinks, good music.  Those are critical to the success of your wedding.

Think of it this way.....if people leave your wedding talking about the color of the walls, you've had far bigger problems in your reception.

Good luck.

"Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • yeah you have all probably saved me tons of money.  Not just from this post but also from some of my previous posts. Sometimes I over think things and honestly I am on a budget. Thanks. Im worrywart.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • you cut the carpet out, put carpet that matches your colors in, then remove the carpet later and put the original back in.

kidding :)

please dont worry about it. my colors are pink/green/ivory and the reception carpet in the ballroom is red. we arent worrying about it. no one will even notice :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards