Second Weddings
Options

Shower idea (C & P from WW)

(Backstory)The mod of WW's mother is getting married for the second time.  She wants a shower, but they have too much stuff.

I thought this was a fabulous idea-we are always talking about what type of shower would be great for the folks who already have too much.  ~Donna

You know, they like wine.  Maybe I could host a wine tasting party w/ appetizers and finger food.  Everyone could bring two bottles of wine - one for the couple and the other for sharing w/ the group.  It could be a couple's thing so that could make it fun.   I hate stuffy womenfolk gatherings. 

Re: Shower idea (C & P from WW)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    OOH - I like that idea!

Thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    MikesAngieMikesAngie member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Right 1   Thanks for sharing that would be a fun party idea period!
  • Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    GREAT idea! Love it! I turned down a shower because we have so much sh*t. But I always love wine and having it on hand.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We would miss you, Retread. 
  • Options
    fireytigerfireytiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, instead of asking people to BRING their own wine, the host/hostess could ask for suggestions of everyone's favorite wine, and then purchase some for a wine tasting. I admit that I really, really dislike potluck showers. Potluck get-together, that's one thing. But you just don't host a party (especially one where people are already kinda expected to bring a gift because it's just that kind of party) and then make everyone bring their own food. The only bridal shower i've ever been to was thrown by one of my BMs for her friend's wedding (one of my other BMs), and it was a potluck shower because she couldn't afford to host it properly. And as if that wasn't bad enough, she actually made everyone contact her beforehand and let her know what they planned on bringing, so she could decide whether she thought that was acceptable. UGH.

Also, in regards to the OP, I might have a small problem in that I wouldn't know the first damned thing about what wine to bring or what would be good, because I don't drink! lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards