October 2012 Weddings

A bargain and a check!

I've had my dress since November, but hadn't gotten any accessories for it yet. There was a veil I tried on with it when I bought it, but I didn't buy it because I hated the idea of spending so much money on a sparkly scrap of tulle. So I've been looking for a cheaper one, and haven't been able to find anything I liked...until now.

Believe it or not, I came across someone on the Wedding Classifieds board who was selling the exact veil I had tried on! $189 veil...$86 with shipping!

Here's how it appears on the David's website: http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Fingertip-Length-Two-Tier-Veil-with-Scallop-Edge-689_Accessories-Veils-Mid-Length

And here it is on me!

So glad to get this one taken care of! Now I just need to figure out what (if anything) else I want in my hair.

October 2012 December Siggy - A Favorite Wedding Photo image

Re: A bargain and a check!

• That's awesome!  I cannot believe how expensive veils are for what you actually get!  My mom bought me a plain veil (and I mean PLAIN) from the wedding boutique and it was about 85 dollars.  You got a great deal the veil is very pretty.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Great job!! I have the exact veil but I caved and bought it right away. I did get like $50 off, but it's still an insane amount of money!

I'm quite jealous of your awesome check!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Great bargain! Congrats!
    photo 8772_10102412474713255_135784916_n.jpg
  • Wow congrats!  I am so blown away by how much veils are!  Like wtf...it's just a piece of tulle!!  How can it possibly be that much?!
    Married since October 14, 2012 - Best Day Ever! Wedding-2
  • So pretty!  Congrats!!
    dscf4745-2
    Anniversary
  • Awesome! I agree they are crazy expensive and I don't know how they sell them for that much. But I guess since they are one of those "must haves" for brides they can do whatever they want, meh. I am so thankful a woman at my church has offered to make me my veil or else I would certainly be buying one as well!
  • it's really pretty and it looks great with your dress!
    Wedding items for sale! Check out our website:

http://www.reyestoy.weebly.com

Photobucket

Anniversary

• Yay for bargains!  You look amazing in your dress and veil - congrats for getting exactly what you wanted!
  • Looks very nice. Congrats on the check.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congrats on the bargain!  I have the exact same veil, like another poster said I got $50 off of it but it was still a crazy amount of money!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congrats on the check and bargain! When i was buying my dress it was either $200 of the dress or a free veil, i took the $ of my dress and am using my sister's veil...im like seriously $200 on a veil ill probably only have on for the church ceremony and maybe the first dance...no way!

i love bargains=)
  • Yay for bargains!! I have no idea what I'm going to do about a veil. I unfortunately like the cathedral lenght with is the most expensive! Ill probably buy online or have it made. I wiah I knew someone to borrow from!
  • I love how everyone else feels the way I do about pricey veils...it's ridiculous, isn't it?! For those still veil-hunting, I'd strongly recomment checking out the Wedding Classifieds board - they pop up on there all the time, and then you're helping another knottie out - or looking at valuveil.com. Valuveil is the budget veil site I've seen recommended most around the boards, and they let you customize your color, length, edging and embellishments. I was going to buy from them but I couldn't figure out what combo would look best with my dress.
    October 2012 December Siggy - A Favorite Wedding Photo image
  • You look great!

I can't believe how much veils cost either.  I did spend alot on mine though, way more than i had planned.  Mine is cathedral length and has alencon lace all around the bottom that matches my dress exactly (veil and dress are same designer).  It's also a very sheer and soft (not sure if that's the right word) tulle, I hadn't seen veils like that anywhere else.  I got money off the veil becaue I ordered it at the same shop as my dress, but it still came to over $500! 

When I went to try the dress on when it came in, the lady at the dress shop told me that this is definitely a veil to be passed on through the family.  I wanted to say, for over $500 it better damn well be LOL!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards