Michigan-Detroit

Not weddding related but still need advice

So i applied for a job that I haven't even gotten an interview yet but I really really want this job. I sent it in via email Saturday morning. I called Wednesday to follow up and was told the HR person was on vacation all week. Do you think it's funny that the hiring manager would take a vacation when there trying to hire someone?

I did leave a very nice voicemail but should I call Monday afternoon to follow up again or wait? Should I call again today and maybe ask for someone different?

Let me know what you think?

Re: Not weddding related but still need advice

• edited December 2011
    I don't think its funny that the HR person would be on vacation while they were trying to hire someone.  The vacation could have been something they scheduled before the position became open.  I might wait until Monday or Tuesday.  Good luck! 
    Photobucket Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • sunkissed212sunkissed212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Stebbe...I don't think it's odd that the HR person would be on vacation. It's possible that their vacation was planned prior to the position opening up. Also, jsut because there's a posting up doesn't mean they'll be calling to inverview people immediately. I would give it the rest of the week, and probably even monday too (since that will be the HR person's first day back) and call on Tuesday to check on the status of your resume/application...at least to confirm they received it. And, calling then may be a good way to get your application to the top of the pile :) good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    TTC #1 since 8/2010...2 years, 6 IUI's and 1 m/c later...
    08/2012 IVF #1, 2 5-day blasts transferred 8/19 = BFP! Beta 1 (8/28)=241, Beta 2 (8/30)=457, Beta 3 (9/5)=3,813, u/s 9/13=Twins!, u/s 9/21=Surprise...there's one more! TRIPLETS!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm just being nosy, but what type of job is it? :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • jennifer0124jennifer0124 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    At the last company I worked at there were always open positions.  A slow time was when there was only 5-10 openings.  If we waited to take time off to when everything was filled we would never have been able to leave the office!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards