New Jersey

Cake Anyone?

Hi Girls -
There are so many different wedding cake styles to choose from that now I am even more confused.lol.. Have you decided on your wedding cake? If so please post so i can get some ideas!
A knottie had a beautiful cake with a diamond band at the bottom of each tier. cant seem to find it anywhere? Does anyone know who im talking about?

TIA

Re: Cake Anyone?

• edited December 2011
    Here's a picture of mine. I think it was classic and beautiful.  I got it from Palermos. They have a lot of pictures on their website too for inspiration.

~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • acablitasacablitas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine is a simple 4 tier white butter cream cake with little pearls around the bottom edges of each tier.  Then we're having our florist decorate the cake with some flowers as well.  
  • edited December 2011
    I love the simplicity of that cake Karma! Beautiful!
    ~Chelsea~
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Laurms15Laurms15 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think you are thinking of Rosie's cake.
  • Lola MinnieLola Minnie member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Michellelopes, You are getting married at the Venetian, correct?

How did you decide which bakery to use? I received both cards yesterday and want to schedule an appointment within a month or so.

I also have trouble deciding what I would like for a cake :)
  • edited December 2011
    Ours is 4-tier and square, but it's along the same lines as this one:

• edited December 2011
    cakes with bling:

http://pics.classifieds.weddingbee.com/22474.0012.jpg

http://pics.classifieds.weddingbee.com/74024.IMG_0003.jpg.resize

I think Rosie was the one with the siggy pic of a cake similar to these.
  • michellelopesmichellelopes member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

cvl105 Your cake is absolutely beautiful. I actually have a picture of a similar cake to take to my appointment with Palermo's...Instead of doing the rounds balls (not sure of the technical name)  at the bottom of each tier, i was thinking of putting the diamond band there..but now i dont know if it will be too much.

lolaminnie-yes I am getting married at the venetian. there was actually a post on here btw palermos and le petit. More people suggested le petit...my cousin got married in december and his was from le petit and it was delicious - I am sure that which everone you choose will be great!

Karma - your cake is beautiful!

Jaimelody - those are the diamond bands I was looking for!!! thank you so much for finding cakes with them. It might be rosie..i remember seeing it on a siggy pic and loving the cake..how would i be able to get in contact with her to see the picture again!

• edited December 2011
    Just picked and booked our cake yesterday at Palermo's! 5 tier fondant, I tried to find the picture that we went by but it's not on google. It's a bling cake, the 5th tier will be draping, 4th diamond band and cake jewerly 3rd monogram and design (to match out invitations), 2nd & 1st tier will have the diamond band and cake jewerly and the top of the 1st tier will be handmade roses. Every tier has a different flavors. WAYYYY over budget but very worth it.......And I have to add my crazy fiance is paying $800 for his groomscake.........this is not normal is it?

Palermo's does an amazing job and I cannot wait to show off our cake!
    Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 image
    My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Tracker
  • edited December 2011
    Wow Kathy...your cake sounds incredible. I want to see a picture!
    ~Chelsea~
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    It's really amazing! If you have seen any of the Palermo ads in recent magazines it's in there but we just modified it. I am still trying to find a picture....

I scanned the picture in, here it is and we modified it as per my comment above

Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 image
    My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Tracker
  • edited December 2011
    I don't live in NJ, so I don't have or get any local wedding magazines/ads/etc.
    ~Chelsea~
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Is it like this one?  This one is from their website.
    www.palermobakery.com/cakeGallery/wclg426.jpg" alt="" hspace="5" vspace="5" />
    ~Chelsea~
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I added it the my post see above, I scanned it in
    My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Tracker
  • edited December 2011
    Very pretty...that's quite a cake!
    ~Chelsea~
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you! I thought all the draping was very 80's that's why we got rid of it. And yes now I just have to figure out how to make it sort of a centerpiece since it needs to be seen...I am now over budget because of it :(
    My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Tracker
  • Kelly123TimKelly123Tim member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

sorry for the big pic....
    anyways, i purchased the brooches on ebay and the cake was made by a friend who caters. each layer was white cake, cannoli filling, chocolate cake, chocolate ganache and brownie bottom. the best cake i ever had!

• edited December 2011
    Oh kelly that's so pretty!
    My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Tracker
  • mandj10mandj10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can't wait to set up my cake tasting day! All these cakes are so gorgeous and gave me some really great ideas!
  • gigi1gigi1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Chambers Walk Cafe in Lawrenceville, NJ.  They can customize anything for you!  They are awesome.  No charge for consultations.  Prices start at 4.50 per slice!
  • DS0305DS0305 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

My cake is in my siggy.  I'm a huge Disney fan so I had to have my Disney cake at my wedding - although I'm sure only Disney fans will appreciate it. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards