Military Brides

engaged to a USN Sailor!

Hello!!!

This is my first post and I just want to see kind of get insight to what it is like to be married to a USN Sailor. We have been together for 2 and a half years now. He just got sworn in and is going to boot camp around May. We are planning on getting married on April 20th, 2013 before he goes to boot camp.

I know he will be gone A LOT! And I am prepared for that.

If anyone can give me some pointers and advice that would be awesome! :)

Re: engaged to a USN Sailor!

• Hi Kitty! I edited your post to take out some dates. You can get a lot of great info on the sticky marked "Read before posting." It gives you an idea of what kind of info you can share and/or shouldn't share on the internet. Congratulations on your engagement!
  • There is a lot ahead of you both! My fiance is in the AF so I imagine it's different, but at the same time, there are still sacrifices and obstacles to face. You have to be willing to make some changes in life and just be completely supportive of him. It's something you have an idea of what to expect, but you can never really be prepared for what is to come. Good luck to you both and just stay strong! :)

• Congrats on your engagment! 
    Agree with Starrs, and also when he is gone, don't obsess over it, find hobbies and things to keep you occupied or you'll make yourself sick !  FI is in the army and we've been apart A LOT, it sucked but then we just made the best of the situation and it made the times that we were together super exciting and gave me something to look forward to, and during the times a part I found hobbies, got involved in the community and started working out and running.  FI said he was super proud of me and was glad that I wasn't all depressed, he didn't feel like he had to worry about me as much so he was able to focus on his job
    hope this helps :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_engaged-to-a-usn-sailor?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:c9aaba61-e2bb-4fff-a017-886ac87aeccaPost:1d26c08f-d1ba-4370-bc61-377a77645dab">Re: engaged to a USN Sailor!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats on your engagment!  Agree with Starrs, and also when he is gone, don't obsess over it, find hobbies and things to keep you occupied or you'll make yourself sick !  FI is in the army and we've been apart A LOT, it sucked but then we just made the best of the situation and it made the times that we were together super exciting and gave me something to look forward to, and during the times a part I found hobbies, got involved in the community and started working out and running.  FI said he was super proud of me and was glad that I wasn't all depressed, he didn't feel like he had to worry about me as much so he was able to focus on his job hope this helps :)
    Posted by kelty24[/QUOTE]

I completely agree with this! It helps relax you both if you stay busy while he's away. He's already going to be stressed as it is. Distraction is key! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards