Not Engaged Yet

Which coat should I get?

I saw these two jackets on zulily.com (if you want an invite, let me know! there's a lot of stuff for kids and maternity clothes, etc, but there's also some cute other stuff). I've been needing a new coat and I really want to get one of them, but I can't decide which.

I already have a black peacoat, which isn't in the best shape (one reason I want a new one), but still works. I want something that's cute but will go with most things, especially brown.

Here are the two choices:

Option #1: Plaid

Option #2: Grey

TIA!
PhotobucketWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Which coat should I get?

• edited December 2011
    I really really like the plaid, but I'm afriad the red might limit what you wear it with. :( But the grey is still really cute too! 
  • edited December 2011
    They are both cute, but I'd go with grey. You have a lot more outfit options to wear that one with- plaid usually limits you quite a bit!

** edit- didn't see the part about brown because I'm blind. Maybe the plaid would go better, but I'd take some brown pants with you and try them on with the coats. See if even the plaid could be pulled off with brown!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • DanieKADanieKA member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_coat-should?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:1472a96c-df73-4ff0-bbbb-dc5d7a442e30Post:38135627-2e91-430c-9164-466f6373e700">Re: Which coat should I get?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I really really like the plaid, but I'm afriad the red might limit what you wear it with. :( But the grey is still really cute too! 
    Posted by thelamarrs[/QUOTE]

<div>This. I actually like the plaid better. But if you're looking to wear it with most things, the more neutral, the better. You'll probably just get more wear out of it. </div>
  • edited December 2011
    Oh! An even better answer: get both :) 
    If it's possible. They are both so cute. I wouldn't be able to pick!
  • alanna91alanna91 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As awesome as the plaid one is, go with the grey. It's more versatile and classic.
    White Knot
  • edited December 2011
    I have so many plain coats and jackets, that I voted plaid!

Plus, that pattern really can be worn with any plan color underneath. :)
    www.nurseyk.weebly.com
  • edited December 2011
    I vote grey, especially if you want to wear it with both black and brown. The plaid my be limiting and not last as long style wise.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_coat-should?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:1472a96c-df73-4ff0-bbbb-dc5d7a442e30Post:7fc610af-bfef-417e-8359-b01b40ea41ef">Re: Which coat should I get?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have so many plain coats and jackets, that I voted plaid! Plus, that pattern really can be worn with any plan color underneath. :)
    Posted by NurseyK[/QUOTE]

Yeah, all my other jackets are pretty plain, which is why I was drawn to the plaid - for something different. And I like Sunbird's comment about it giving a pop to my outfit.

Great advice, everyone! I think I'm leaning toward the plaid at this point, but I'm still going to wait a little bit. I think the sale is good for at least today and tomorrow.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_coat-should?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:1472a96c-df73-4ff0-bbbb-dc5d7a442e30Post:9deaf716-bf6f-47f6-b397-8fb2a2549a73">Re: Which coat should I get?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh! An even better answer: get both :)  If it's possible. They are both so cute. I wouldn't be able to pick!
    Posted by thelamarrs[/QUOTE]

I wish! Actually, I probably could - since they're on sale, getting both would be about the same as getting one at full-price. But I live in Texas - I just don't need that many heavy (or even light) coats, you know?
  • edited December 2011
    Sure! PM me your email address and I'll send you an invite!
  • lennonkdclennonkdc member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok, I voted grey, but then saw the part about living in TX, so now I think plaid! If you don't have to have an 'every day' coat like those of us *lucky* enough to live in up north, then having a fun funky coat that might not go with everything you own should be fine.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I didn't vote because I couldn't decide.  Like PPs, I love the plaid but I'm worried about it matching.  You could wear that grey with more stuff.  Oooh but I love the plaid.

Actually, Rue 21 has some really cute plaid coats right now (I went in with a friend who just wanted to buy some $4 tank tops.  Don't judge me!) and of course they're really cheap.  There was a pink and black on I almost got.
  • edited December 2011
    I voted grey since I think you could get more use out of it matching-wise.  But the plaid is really cute too.  I vote get both since they're both so nice!
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for all your advice, girls!! I just ordered the plaid coat! Since it doesn't need to be an everyday jacket (we get minimal really cold days here), I think it will work just fine for what I need. And when I looked at them side-by-side, my attention kept being drawn to that one. I think it's so cute!

Fingers crossed I like it as much in person :)
  • edited December 2011
    I love the grey.  I have a grey winter coat and I love it.  It goes with so much.

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards