Michigan-Detroit

XP: How is everyone doing (or did) their...

Save the dates & Invitations!?

We finally set our engagement pictures appointment and I've been waiting to get those done before putting together save the dates. I've seen a lot of posts of examples up here recently so I wanna know how everyone is doing theirs? I am pretty clueless on STD/invites so any insight would be helpful.   For example:
-do it yourself (kits?)
-vistaprint
-weddingpaperdivas
-local printing companies
-etsy

I know there are tons of other ways of doing this so help me out! Are you guys making/ordering the invites and STD's at the same time?  I just want to get a feel of how the average bride does this and I trust you ladies :)
June 16, 2012

Re: XP: How is everyone doing (or did) their...

• larzhopelarzhope member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did not do STDs (waste of money/paper/locks you into a guest list too soon, imho)

For our invites, we bought already assembled pocketfolds from lucky papers, bought cardstock from xpedit paper supply, and ribbon from Costco and printed and assembled them ourselves.
  • PhoneCardLadyPhoneCardLady member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    I'm not bothering with them either
  • missmelanie81missmelanie81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did magents. If you look in my bio/link you can see them.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    200image 167image 32image 1image RSVP Date: May 1st
  • emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used vistaprint for my STDs (I bought a template off Etsy and then uploaded it.)  And then I DIY'd my own invites.  It was a lot of work but TOTALLY worth it.  If I hadn't liked the design I came up with, I would have purchased one off of Etsy and then assembled them myself.
  • edited December 2011
    We DIY'd both.  I was looking on Etsy for Save the dates, and the ones I wanted were a few bucks each before even buying envelopes or postage.  So I showed the idea to my mom, and we made them better than the ones that were the inspiration for way cheaper. 

My mom did our invites, because she has more time than us and likes doing things like that.  She ordered pockets and cardstock from cardsandpockets.com I believe. We are getting SO many compliments on our invites.  I'll post pics later.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • cmusmiles85cmusmiles85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

STD- designed it in ppt, printed in VP on the magnets

Invites- Through David's Bridal (online). I had to assemble everything- but I love them!

Anniversary Vacation Vacation
  • edited December 2011
    I designed both my Save the Date and invitations and had them printed from a printer in Dallas (sister's printer). If you know your way around Illustrator or another desktop publishing program, go for it. You save money and it's more rewarding to see your work!
  • bee&beebee&bee member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We ordered STD postcards from VP which turned out really cute and were super under budget.  I think it was $7 for 100, cause we uploaded a picture, the 2nd 100 cost us $1.

For invites, we're not 100% sure yet, we want to print them ourselves but will probably buy pocketfolds and evenlopes.  When we figure that out I'll be sure to post!   Hope this helps
  • edited December 2011
    I got my save the dates with a coupon from wedding paper divas.  Then I bought my invitations from a designer on etsy.  They were only $1.85 each!  They were seal and sends and they are awesome!
  • MMRoberts11MMRoberts11 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For the STDs I made them in powerpoint and printed them with VP.  For the invites I'm doing the same and making the pocket on my own.
  • rak123rak123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We used Etsy for both.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    STDs: we did email.

Invites: ordered on einvite.com

I would do the same thing again in a heartbeat.  STDs just weren't worth paying for, IMO, but people have kind of come to expect them/family was asking about them.  We got simple, classic cream invitations on envite.com with raised black printing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards