Illinois-Chicago

Makeup Artists- airbrush preferred

Hi,

I'm looking for some makeup artist recommendations and would like to try airbrush as a trial to see how it holds up.  My only problem is that I'm planning the wedding from North Carolina so I'm trying to find someone fast that I can sneak in a trial over the Christmas holiday break since I will only be back one other time to IL before the wedding and want to have room for a 2nd trial there incase the airbrushing does not agree with my skin.

I will be staying in the NW Suburbs but the wedding is in Bolingbrook which I think is in the SW suburbs so I can travel pretty much anywhere for a trial and would most likely have the person (if all goes well) just travel to Bolingbrook as I will be getting ready there.

Thanks so much!!!

Re: Makeup Artists- airbrush preferred

• MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cynthia Sally or Sonia Roselli are 2 of the best in this area!
    cynthiasally.com
    soniaroselli.com
  • edited December 2011
    Can I book 2 trials? Is that bad?  I kind of feel like the makeup artist is similar to any other vendor and I want to see who makes me look best... Can I do that for makeup- have a trial at 2 and then book the one I like best?  Or do I have to try to choose just one for the trial?

Thanks!!
  • edited December 2011
     Another vote for Sonia Roselli.  All the great reviews about her are all true!  She's pricier than some other MUA but she was 110% professional and does amazing work!   My makeup lasted all night and my eyelashes lasted for a few more days.
  • MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    you can totally book 2 trials! both ladies are super nice and really great to work with. contact them and see who you like more :)
  • edited December 2011
    I used Cynthia Sally. I belive she lives in the Bolingbrook area.
    I loved her airbrush, it lasted all day and all night. She is very sweet and did my sisters and the mothers as well on our wedding day. Highly recommend!!!
  • aimers1525aimers1525 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    questions for ladies who used Cythia Sally--do you really have to have a minimum # of people? I'm willing to pay $$ for my makeup, but I don't want my BM's to have to pay to have theirs done if they don't want to.  She has a minimum 3 services for Maris and 4 for Cynthia.
  • edited December 2011
    Holly Kasprisin does an amazing job with airbrush. I'm normally sensitive to everything and I didn't break out when I did my trial and everything lasted late into the evening. Her website is www.chicagobridalhairandmakeup.com
  • edited December 2011
    I would HIGHLY recommend Kimmay Nather as well. She did the makeup for ALL of my bridesmaids and they were so pleased with how it lasted the entire day. She was much more affordable than anyone else I saw.

I had Sonia Roselli do my and my mother's makeup and she was fabulous, but as previous people have mentioned, she's very expensive. Worth it, yes...but if your budget doesn't allow for that, then you cannot go wrong with Kimmay.

http://www.beautybybrush.com/

imageimage
    Finally...we are Mr. & Mrs.!!! WooHoo!!!

Planning Bio
    Married Bio (Work In Progress)
  • edited December 2011
    I used Cynthia and she did have a minimum. We only had 5 on that day.

Not a problem for me personally becasue I gave the maids and moms their make up as my gift.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_makeup-artists-airbrush-preferred?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:72Discussion:b31b7aec-b9f8-448a-8fa3-49a567078697Post:720fbd73-065b-4697-9195-a561dd519e82">Re: Makeup Artists- airbrush preferred</a>:
    [QUOTE]Holly Kasprisin does an amazing job with airbrush. I'm normally sensitive to everything and I didn't break out when I did my trial and everything lasted late into the evening. Her website is <a href="http://www.chicagobridalhairandmakeup.com" rel='nofollow'>www.chicagobridalhairandmakeup.com</a>
    Posted by cmstrauch[/QUOTE]

I also highly recommend Holly Kasprisin.  She is so great to work with and very professional. Her makeup is great for all skin types and she does not require a minimum number of people.  I'm having her do my makeup and my MOH's because I just have the 1 girl standing up with me, so it's easy to treat her to hair and makeup.  Holly was so great about offering a second hair trial when I changed my mind about my hair after my final fitting (I now want it up instead of half up/half down).  At my initial trial I had it done in the morning and everything still looked great at midnight.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I just used Candice from the Sharon Daniels Salon in Schaumburg this past weekend.  They didn't have a minimum.  You go to them on the trial but they come to you on the wedding day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards