New York-Western

new comer!

hey everyone-

just thought i would take a second to introduce myself as one of the newer posters here :)

my fiance and i were engaged about a month ago after about 3 1/2 years dating.  it was completely unexpected, so our planning has been from scratch.  we set the date for 7/29/11 and are doing our ceremony at shea's and reception at pearl street.  he wanted a quickie wedding in vegas - i won!

Re: new comer!

• spenet1spenet1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome! My wedding is 6/18/11 so we both have a ways to go :) I'm guessing you're a Buffalo bride? I'm in Rochester. The board's kinda slow, but I try to keep up with it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    White Knot
  • degreadegrea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome. I am getting married 5/21/11 and I am a BLO Bride. The board is slow but hopefuly more people will come and partipate more.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • edited December 2011
    thanks!  yep, i am a b-lo bride!  i noticed the board is slow.  too bad!  being on the boards helps me ignore work!

my wedding seems so far away!  we would have loved to do it a bit earlier, but one of the other attorneys at work will be on maternity leave and i want a honeymoon!
  • edited December 2011
    hi!  I'm pretty new as well... I also got engaged about a month ago but we are waiting until 2012 to get married because FI is still in school and I am a full time volunteer right now.  I am in Buffalo too btw though my sister lives in Rochester so I might make it out there to do some cake tasting and dress shopping since I have plenty of time :)
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board (sadly it is pretty slow).  We're getting married on 10/16/10.  My ceremony and reception are at Pearl Street as well.  Ever since I've booked it, I've heard such great things about them, so I'm feeling great about that decision.  I have most of the big things picked out and booked, so if you need any recommendations on vendors, just let me know.
    October 2010 September SC - 1st Anniversary Plans:
    Trip to Prague & bring home furbaby when we get back
    imageimage
    ~ Karen ~
    **Wedding/House/Travel Bio **
  • edited December 2011
    patineuse-

who are you using for your photography?  also, using a photobooth?
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not using a photo booth.  My photographer is Sara Heidinger (www.saraheidingerweddings.com).  She works in both NYC and Buffalo.
    imageimage
    ~ Karen ~
  • kae101kae101 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!  I'm an October 2010 bride here in Buffalo.  Our ceremony is in Orchard Park (St John Vianney) and our reception is at Salvatore's.  We've been engaged for a little over a year, and let me tell you -- it will fly by!  Just enjoy the planning and take advantage of all the time you have!
    ~ K & S ~ 10.01.10 MyBio Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I know this board is really slow..and kinda sad since it would nice to have local advice..I got engaged in March and my wedding is set for June 03, 2011..seems so far away too..I have a lot done we are getting married outside and having our ceremony at Klocs..everything is outside and I love it...We are getting a Photo booth from Toy Box Photo Booth..I think they have a website called Toy Box Entertainment. My fiance kinda knows the guy and i have heard awesome reviews about him, not only for photo booth but he is an awesome Dj too if anyones looking.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • loving2011loving2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello all!

All this time I have been posting on other boards and there were local ladies right here! 

I am in Rochester, although I currently live in Massachusetts (boo!). I have been engaged for a bit over a year, and our wedding is set for 8-6-11. We had such a long engagement because my fiance was in law school, just graduated is now studying for the bar. We didn't want to get married while he was in school, or studying, because of the stress that would cause, plus the money issue. 

I have been taking my time with the planning of the wedding, but now that there is a year left, I feel like there is TOO much to do! 
  • edited December 2011
    Patineuse-

We are very similar. :) We are having our reception at Pearl Street on 11/12/2010. We also met with Sara Heidenger about photography! Are you using your own decorations for the reception, or are you taking advantage of those available at PSG?
    I'm excited as well, because I've heard only great things about the planning and events there. I went to a wedding there about 2 years ago and had a great time.

Cmalchow- Good luck with your planning. My fiance and I are planning our wedding  quickly. We just decided to set a date for the wedding in June. So we dove in planning but I haven't done too much with Pearl Street yet except I chose a floor and menu. I can le tyou know more details as we get closer. Smile
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    sveva, I am hoping to meet with Natalie at Pearl Street when I am in Buffalo in August to see what decorations they have to see what, if anything, I can use from what they have.  We should have a Buffalo Knottie GTG sometime when I am in town (I live in Michigan).
    imageimage
    ~ Karen ~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards