Texas-Austin

Caterer Tasting Charge

Hi 
Just wondering if any of you gals had experience with Austin Catering... do they normal charge for the tasting for a custom menu?  I am about to do a tasting and was told it would be $100 for the tasting, and if we decided to go with them, half of it would go towards the total.  While I know this is the norm in some cities, it seems like most of the other caterers in austin do not charge a tasting fee.  And if so, usually all of it goes towards the final bill.  Would appreciate any experiences you've had with Austin Catering or other caterers town!  Thanks.

Re: Caterer Tasting Charge

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-austin_caterer-tasting-charge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:126Discussion:9a1fab6f-3e09-40a1-aeda-a9240d399605Post:347235ba-f0a8-4d30-a357-19cf65fe8abc">Caterer Tasting Charge</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi  Just wondering if any of you gals had experience with Austin Catering... do they normal charge for the tasting for a custom menu?  I am about to do a tasting and was told it would be $100 for the tasting, and if we decided to go with them, half of it would go towards the total.  While I know this is the norm in some cities, it seems like most of the other caterers in Austin do not charge a tasting fee.  And if so, usually all of it goes towards the final bill.  Would appreciate any experiences you've had with Austin Catering or other caterers town!  Thanks.
    Posted by potato1595[/QUOTE]

Our family has used Austin Catering 3 times (once for my sister's wedding, once for my parent's 25th anniversary party, and once for my wedding) and we were never charged a tasting fee. My wedding was 2 years ago and the latest that we have worked with them, so I can understand if things have changed.

We LOVED Austin Catering, and I can guarantee that you won't be disappointed. 2 years later and my friends are still talking about how amazing the food was at our wedding.

Let me know if you have any other questions about them.
  • I've NEVER heard of any caterer in Austin charging a tasting fee.  We used Pascal's Catering for our wedding and they provided an ample amount of food for us to take home and try, as they were catering an event in the Erwin Center that day and weren't able to have us do a tasting at their facility.

I know times are hard, but this is really a surprise.
  • We went with Austin catering and we were charged a fee based on what we chose to taste.  Anything they were already making that day, they did not charge us for.

We also tried Pink Avocado and they charged for a tasting as well...
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-austin_caterer-tasting-charge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:126Discussion:9a1fab6f-3e09-40a1-aeda-a9240d399605Post:136980a9-df49-4157-a829-743993017c1a">Re: Caterer Tasting Charge</a>:
    [QUOTE]We went with Austin catering and we were charged a fee based on what we chose to taste.  Anything they were already making that day, they did not charge us for. We also tried Pink Avocado and they charged for a tasting as well...
    Posted by lrgilber[/QUOTE]

<div>Thanks everyone for all the feedback!  Irgilber, what did you think of Pink Avocado and Austin Catering?</div>
  • <div>We really liked both.  Pink Avocado was delicious, but the meat was a little tough and fatty.  I asked about it and they said they like to leave the fat on for flavor, which I understand, but it wasn't really my thing.  We are going with Austin catering.  The flavors of the food were great and they really seem to know what they are doing.  I love that the lady there is really prompt with responding to emails.</div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-austin_caterer-tasting-charge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:126Discussion:9a1fab6f-3e09-40a1-aeda-a9240d399605Post:e1c77b04-b93d-491f-b8b8-5d0b1dd855ec">Re: Caterer Tasting Charge</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Caterer Tasting Charge : Thanks everyone for all the feedback!  Irgilber, what did you think of Pink Avocado and Austin Catering?
    Posted by potato1595[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards