Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Little bits of everything...

We set a date for november 11, 2011. Our church is available to do the ceremony. It's in carnegie. (St. Elizabeth Ann Seaton) I'm looking for a reception venue around carnegie or at least the airport side of the city - not into the city and not on the other side. Cefalos is close by but i've never been any there. has anyone been there or heard anything? we could also do moon, robinson, kennedy, montour, west allegheny, imperial - that area.

also looking for - cake, flowers, bridesmaids dresses - basically everything.
The one other big thing - the wedding dress, i'm trying to find a long sleeved dress, and it seems everything is strapless or halter top, and the two dresses i did find -one was way too $$$ and the other - barginbride . com - they will make a dress if you send in your measurements - but can i trust them? there are no returns and if i need it fitted i would be on my own.

any suggestions or advice? thanks you!

Re: Little bits of everything...

• edited December 2011
    Hi Jennifer!  I was at a Christmas party at Cefalo's in 2008 and I really like the inside.  I'm trying to remember the quality of the food.  It must have been just fine if I don't remember anything standing out!

How many guests do you anticipate?  I don't remember the party room we were in (not sure if they have multiple rooms?!) being very large, but it was very nice.  You could also look into the hotels near the airport -- they would be really convenient!

There is also Peter's Place in Bridgeville.  I'm going to a reception somewhere in the area this Sunday (I was invited last minute by a friend).  I'll have to post again with the name and an update of what the place was like!

As for the dress... I know I saw sleeved gowns at several stores.  I'm sure if you start to call around to shops they'll be able to tell you if they carry them.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hope61Hope61 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not getting married in Pittsburgh, so I can't hepl you too much but...
    about the dress. Some places can add sleeves on. Davids Bridal is one example although I'm not a huge fan of their sleeve selections. You can probably get sleeves made to go with the dress from some designers, check with bridal shops, they can tell you more. Or, you could get a jacket. David's does have some nice bolero jackets, in my opinion. I bought a strapless Casablanca wedding dress, and the bridal shop (Exquisite Bride in Murraysville) ordered a custom made 3/4 length jacket from Casablanca that they are specially making so the lace matches--and they're only charging me $60 for it (after a $60 discount)! I don't plan on taking the jacket off for the reception either, so it will basically be like a dress with sleeves.

(This is me with the sample jacket, so it doesn't fit right and the lace doesn't match the dress... but you get the idea. I've seen the same dress with a satin jacket too, so there are lots of options)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Little Gabriel: BFP 7/12/11~EDD 3/21/12, miscarried 8/24/11 at 10w
  • carcrashheartcarcrashheart member
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    my sister had her reception at rosario's in carnegie last month, it was decent. it's catered by the common plea.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    At David's Bridal they have several sleeve and strap options. So if you fall in love with a strappless dress but want straps and/or sleeves, they can add them for you. Or adding a jacket like KatieAnne suggested is a good idea too!
    Crosswalk
  • edited December 2011
    I got married in October and we had our wedding at the Hilton Garden Inn at Southpointe.  Everythingwas great.
    I too wanted a dress with sleeves and got a Maggie Sotero that had sleeves.
    It was the Rosemary Leigh, I got it at MB Bride in Greensburg.  Service was great and the pricing was good also.  They had a trunk sale in November last year and I got additional money off.
    Hope this helps.
    Anita
  • MRadsMRads member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was in Clarissa's Boutique today to pick up my BM dress for another wedding...there was a dress with short sleeves...it was really cute...you might want to check it out

Baby boy 7.10.13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards