Not Engaged Yet

It's almost Friday!!!!!!!!!!!

So I've been waiting for our regular Thursday questions *coughHetshupcough* and I can wait no longer! So ladies here we go...

1) Last time you had a really good laugh?

2) What is a quirky habit you have?

3) Happiest memory within the last year?

4) Most treasured memory?

5) Anything you'd like to say to someone but can't/won't for whatever reason?

6) What would you rather be doing right now?

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
Murried Bio

Re: It's almost Friday!!!!!!!!!!!

• Soon2BJeterSoon2BJeter member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Watching Anchorman for the 100th time the other night - I know every single word to that movie, yet I still laugh so hard I cry!

I cannot drink out of any sort of glass/cup without a straw - even if I'm drinking a beer!

Spending Christmas with Michael

Sitting on my Grandpas lap when I was a little girl..

Of course, but I'll keep that to myself.

I'd love to already have my drive to La over with and be spending time with my BF right NOW!
  • edited December 2011
    1) Last time you had a really good laugh? Last night when my cat was running around like a maniac - which is pretty normal for him actually. 

2) What is a quirky habit you have? I chew on pens? 

3) Happiest memory within the last year? Valentine's Day was pretty good.

4) Most treasured memory? Many parts of my trip to Aruba with FI two years ago.

5) Anything you'd like to say to someone but can't/won't for whatever reason? I want to pull a John Locke on my mom and say "don't tell me what I can't do!"

6) What would you rather be doing right now? I'd rather spend some time reading all of the NEY posts but I have to finish work.  Cry

TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• hetshuphetshup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was typing them right then! Crrreeeeppyyy
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • loopy82loopy82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Laughing at FI's friend talking about purchasing and wearing skinny jeans w/o realizing they were skinny jeans. The story had me (and many others) in tears.

I am super picky about the way my jeans are folded and put away.

Getting engaged!

I don't know about most treasured (having a hard time thinking of that right now) but I love that my friends threw me a suprise going away party when I was moving back to MN.

I want to tell my friend to get over it. In reference to a break up in an on again off again relationship - where the on and off happen weekly.

Can't say it because it just would not go over well.

Laying on the beach in the riviera maya drinking rum punch!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm watching the Olympics Men's ice skating (of which their choice of clothing was much to the disdain of FI) and all of a sudden he is pirouetting all across the kitchen. I <3 him.

I screen my phone calls like crazy.

I feel like I should say our proposal day, but it was so much of a blur. Instead I'm going to say our trip to Nantucket. We went with good couple friend for the weekend because the Boston Pops were playing on the beach with Michael Cavanaugh. It was all Billy Joel themed and FI and I were dancing and singing like maniacs while the sun was setting over the ocean. This pic is from that night : )

My Granna coming into my room and rubbing my back whenever I was visiting her. And everytime my mom and I laugh so hard we make each other cry.

Too many things, mostly "You're an adult. Stop using the credit card your parents pay for."

In bed, reading a book, cup of tea with a puppy.
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So I got distracted by work.  This is unacceptable! lol Anywho....

Last night - we were at Mom and Dad's cooking lobster and one fell on the floor.  The dogs decided to investigate and it turned into them barking at it and running around it smelling it bu being terrified to get too close.  It was hilarious!

I have this thing where I have to press the lock button on my car keys numerous times before I'm satisfied that it's actually locked.  I dunno why but my minimum is 5 times...?

One of my closest friends got married in Sept. and it was amazing!! It was really special b/c she asked for my help with a lot of stuff and we spent weeks getting DIY stuff together and it really brought us closer together.  I don't know if I could pick just one time but that whole experience with her was just amazing! We're so much closer b/c of this and just seeing her and her hubby on the day of...she was sooo beautiful and happy and it was magical! Ah it makes me tear up!! lol

The day I got to see my grandmother for the last time.  She was passing away and I worked down the street from the hospital so I went up on my lunch.  She wasn't concious but I got to spend an hour with her by myself just talking and spending time.  I gave her a kiss and I swear, even tho she wasn't concious, she smiled.  I walked back to work (8 mins away) and mom called me the minute I walked in the door to tell me she was gone.  It means so much to me that I got to spend her last few minutes with her.

I'd like to tell my bff that her and her FI should wait to get married.  They've only been together for 9 months and it's her first relationship so I really just don't want her to get burned.  I believe that they love eachother, I just want to make sure that they have a solid foundation and they've had the time to talk it over..and yeah.  But I can't say that cause she's my bff and yea....so I just encourage her to have the important convos and yeah...

Forbidden vacation or home with BF

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • edited December 2011
    Me Too!!! At least now I have 10 awesome questions to make my afternoon go by faster!

I made a poem about my mom and pooping that goes with Green Egg's and Ham. My dad and I thought it was hilarious…. Mom- not so much.

Whenever someone walks by my desk, I noticed I always take a drink of water.. Why, I don’t know.

A forbidden road trip with BF to see his grandparents in KY. We stopped in Cincinnati for a night and it go to King’s Island and we really had a nice trip.

I can’t think of anything off hand and time I get to spend with the girls in my family.

Among other things... “we all know you got knocked up and that’s why you moved your wedding up a year so don’t be surprised if I’m not surprised when they induce your labor “two months” early since the baby is “so big”.  So many “quotations” lol

Taking a nap J or I wish BF were in town so we could both take a nap.

imageimageimageimage
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    edited December 2011
    hetshup - CREEPY!!!!

Murried Bio
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Paige, I really needed this today! :0

Last weekend when bf was here for a visit... He always makes me laugh. :)

I don't have a dishwasher, so I do them all by hand. When I was a child, my Oma taught me how to wash them in the following sequence (with water so hot it almost burned): cutlery, kitchen utensils, knives, glasses, mugs, plates and bowls, mxing bowls, pots and pans. Then, I wash any plastic tupperware with (a small amount) of fresh hot water and lots of soap. And then I have to scrub my cutting board and clean all the countertops. I can barely watch bf wash dishes because he puts everything all together in the sink!

I wish I had one that stands out, but I haven't been very happy lately. I guess it would be holding my new nephew for the first time.

Being in my Oma and Opa's garden and spending time with them. When my Opa was still around (he died last spring) he would always kiss my cheek and squeeze me and say "oh, schrutabout!" (that's what it sounded like, it's Dutch and I don't for sure... but he was always so full of love).

Dear Practicum Mentor Teacher,
    Your students do not feel safe in you class. They are unhappy, uncomfortable, and bored. You are old-school with everything and my heart breaks for some of the students as a result of your methods, esp. re: management techniques. You are a bully, and I don't like you! Please keep your rude comments to yourself. I hope you let me try to build up some trust and community with the class, and do not sabotage my efforts.

Also, you are a douche!

Sincerely,
    Frustrated Student Teacher

Anything! Especially with my bf... going for a hike, taking a trip... Actually being able to plan a wedding instead of just discussing ideas and compiling lists together would be wonderful!
  • zaneopalzaneopal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Last night. I was at a club meeting with my friends, and we always get really silly together. It was a good time.

I have a terrible sense of time (according to the psych who diagnosed me, it's a manifestation of my dyslexia), so I compulsively set clocks fast.

BF meeting me at the train station at Christmas. I hadn't seen him since September. It was a big deal.

My bosses from my job telling me they have no idea what they're going to do without me when I graduate.

I'd like to tell my roommates to grow up and get lives. But I live with them, and I like them. But lately they're driving me crazy.

Well, for starters, it'll need to warm up to about 60 degrees, but I'd rather be outside, probably reading. But alas, it is 25, snowing, and with 40mph wind gusts.
  • edited December 2011
    Katanne - When BF and I were watching pairs figure skating, BF was determined he could do that. He thought if we practised enough, we could go to the Olympics as a pairs couple. He decided to try a couple of lifts, with me, in the middle of the living room. It was fun and all, but honestly, he was really excited about figure skating...it surprised me!

This afternoon, my co-worker and I (whom I share an office with) nearly died. It was honestly the dumbest thing. I'm working on this contest for the office, and no one is participating (SHOCKER!). Basically, I said we could just pretend it never happened, and she dissolved into giggles. I still don't really know why it was so funny, but then I was laughing too. That happens at least once a week, for which I'm glad.

Ooh I have lots! Just ask BF...I drive him half crazy a lot of days. I guess one off the top of my head would have to do with the kitchen towels. The fuzzy one is for hands, and the not-fuzzy one is for dishes. You don't use the opposite towel for the opposite task. My mother ingrained this one in me.

Standing in the middle of a few thousand people at a Blink 182 concert with BF after they left the stage, while the crowd got so loud waiting for them to come back on you could feel the sound (in an outdoor stadium). It was surreal...and then Travis Barker came back on stage and did a drum solo while suspended from the roof. I have never felt so...alive...as that night. We had soo much fun on that trip, and stayed in a gorgeous hotel with an amazing view (even though the weather sucked, and we ate McDonalds for breakfast).

Any of the many summers I spent up North. I love it up there; it's beautiful, and my appreciation for it is ever evolving.  

Yep! But, that's not public knowledge.

Not sitting freezing my ass off in the last 25 minutes of my work day! I just want to go home and curl up for the night.
    He pretty much had me at "hello".
    -- PS I agree with whatever Jeana said --
  • hetshuphetshup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Paige- I feel usurped. And I keep answering your questions, but TK eats it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • babybchbumbabybchbum member
    edited December 2011
    Today, when a friend told me a guy facebooked her to confirm dinner plans for tomorrow night and he asked her if it was going to be classified as a date. Her answer would determine which pair of pants he would wear.

constantly clean from underneather my fingernails, even if there is nothing there.

My engagment!!!!

Playing card games with my grandma who passed away when I was 10. I would do anything for her to be at my wedding 11 almost 12 years later.

Dear Profs,
    Pleas understand that midterms week doesn't mean everyone should schedule their midterms on the same day. It simply means you can take this exam at any point in the wee preceding midterms week during midterms week and the weer following. The stress that you all have put on me this past week almost sent me to the hospital. If I fail a stress test I'll be sending you all my bill.

Cuddling watching a movie with FI. Being LD SUCKS!
  • edited December 2011
    God forgive me, but last night. FI let one loose in bed. Not a big deal, until the fumes worked their way through the bedding. I actually sat bolt upright in bed and yelled out (in my croaky bronchitus voice) "Holy sh*t, what did you eat?!?!?" So gross, but we were in hysterics for about 10 minutes. Actually the first time I've really laughed in months.

I'm totally CDO (OCD for those non-alphabetical people, right Acro?). I alphabetize and group shite like no one's business. We literally own over 300 DVDs and they are all alphabetized down to the letter.

Getting engaged. My first trip to Colorado/driving the the Rocky Mountains with FI, FFIL, and FI's Aunt.

God, I have a few...

- Playing the piano at the farmhouse with my paternal grandmother (only memory I have of her)
    - Playing the slot machines with my maternal grandmother on her only trip to SoFLa before she passed
    - Holding each of my "nieces" for the first time
    - FI's proposal
    - First time I heard FI tell me he wanted to marry me

If I wouldn't get fired from multiple jobs for doing so, I'd love to tell two people what complete and utter morons/pompous arseholes they are. I'm sorry, but the world does not revolve around you two. Get off your arses, do what you're supposed to do, and quit holding up the train for everyone else. And if you have a problem with me, grow some balls and say it to my face, instead of bitznitching about me behind my back to my friends and coworkers (including two of my bosses).

Sleeping. I feel like crap. Bronchitus blows. And I still have two batches of margarita cupcakes to make for tomorrow ::pouty face::

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Oceana swings from logical to anus punching." - Buttons

Planning / Married / Blog

• edited December 2011
    Couple nights ago... BF was over, him, my son and I were rolling around and tickling each other and drying laughing.  My sons "tickles" are more like he's petting you and you have to fake laugh for him but that and his little giggles are so cute that you end up crackin up for real! :)

My night time routine is odd to most.  Before getting into bed I take my multivitamin then put on chapstick and my aromatherapy hand lotion.  I also sleep with earplugs (well usually just one and my other ear to the pillow so I can hear my son fi he needs me).  And Ihave beach towels over my windows because the blinds do not block all of the light!  I'm not insane I just have an insanely difficult time sleeping unless I have these things done... I sleep like crap when I travel unless I take something to help me sleep (Benadryl or Ambien).

My BF and I having a serious conversation about being in it for the long haul together no matter what and discussing a timeline for my son and I moving in with him at his house and getting married (not just the idea of marriage and saying I would like to marry you one day).

Disney World vacation with my mom and sister (both of whom have since passed away from cancer).  The vacation was through the Make-a-WIsh foundation and it was so special!

Yeah, I would tell a couple of key people that they need to get over themselves and understand that forgiving people isn't just about forgiving them for their actions but also about allowing yourself to stop stressing over it and holding on to anger.  That for every bit of anger that you hold onto is just taking up space and keeping love out of your life.

I want to be on the beach with my son... preferably with the BF too!  Instead I'm at work as is BF and its my son's weekend with my ex so I will not see him for 3 whole days! :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards