Wedding Woes

Blizzard check-in

Just want to make sure everyone affected by the storm(s) is safe and sound.  Bonus points if you have pics to post, but mostly just checking on everyone.

Re: Blizzard check-in

• +candi++candi+ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's just rain and 65 degrees here. Super windy also. Probably the same for you Heffa.

imageimage
  • edited December 2011
    The temperature was high enough last night that we just wound up with a lot of rain.  Although I never complain about having extra days off work, I'm really not disappointed that the weather is cooperating this week.
  • HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_blizzard-check?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:3b49c559-3263-4df4-a00d-a2349aa2e9c3Post:64b211e2-f4b5-4bfe-88d1-bf8c5f9ced60">Re: Blizzard check-in</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's just rain and 65 degrees here. Super windy also. Probably the same for you Heffa.
    Posted by +candi+[/QUOTE]
    The rain blew through overnight, and now the streets are still wet but the sun is shining.  Breezy, but not super-windy, thankfully.  Hopefully this weather is headed your way.
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm here.  Still at home.  My mom's car is currently stuck not too far from here, so DH and I are going to help dig her out when she's done with her work meeting this afternoon.  It's snowing.  The wind and rain were pretty violent last night.  I could hear our windchimes going crazy and it kept me up.
  • ReturnOfKuusReturnOfKuus member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Somehow it managed to warm up to 46F here with rain, so no snow days for me.  Boo.
  • GBCKGBCK member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    safe and warm
    not going anywhere
  • zsazsa-stlzsazsa-stl member
    First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    It's below freezing today but thankfully the rain stopped before the temperature dropped.   I'm enjoying all fo the FB photos from my mid-Missouri friends with snow drifts 4 feet high.

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Doing well. We're having rolling blackouts, Boo. So far so good for me.
  • baconsmombaconsmom member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    We have ice on our bedroom windows. Inside the house.

Bacon got another cold day (there's no snow). It was something like -14 at 7 am (when we leave the house) with a -20+ windchill. 

Denver Public Schools didn't close, however. I hope no one gets frostbite waiting for the bus. Everyone else in the metro area is closed. 
  • **O-Face****O-Face** member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, I am here.  Boss/dad came to pick me up.  Dude coming down a neighborhood right across from us, got stuck in the snow on the road.  1' of snow.  I didn't want to chance it.
  • ~~Busy.~~~~Busy.~~ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had to slide to my car and then chisle it out of the ice.  I don't have a pic of todays' storm.  Will a pic from last week do? 

edited December 2011
    Hah.  FIL lives in a berm home and there was a 2.5' drift in front of his door.  That is what you get for living in a berm home!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is  a good representation of my car this morning.

edited December 2011
    Oh shiz, Busy.  I'd rather have snow than ice, any day. 
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The ice on my car was actually thicker.  You should have hear the cracking noises it made when I opened the door.  Good think I didn't have to use my key. The lock on the outside was completely frozen.
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We had bad rain/ice yesterday in Cinci.  My mom was in Columbus and left a voicemail "I'm on X street, trying to walk to Y.  If I haven't checked in by dinner send an ambulance to search for me." I decided to stay an extra day.

Today was windy, but no precip.  We've had gusts up to 50 mph.  It is snowing now, but thankfully there is power.  I talked to ex-boss.  He hadn't been to work in 2 days because his drive was an inch sheet of ice.
  • edited December 2011
    Electricity, Internet & other services are holding strong. It's no longer snowing, but the 12 inches that fell isn't going anywhere because it's so cold. We're going to have to dig out the driveway today. Pics of snow and what we've been eating on FB. I'm living the house bound obese life, yo!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards