Getting in Shape

Love Handles! Help!

I've been lurking on here for a while but I finally decided I needed some advice from you lovely ladies!

I started working out 3-5 times a week and have been doing it for amost 4 weeks now. I haven't lost any weight (super bummed) and my love handles are not shrinking! Any advice for either of my problems? Our wedding is about 4 1/2 months away and I want to look great in a bikini on our honeymoon.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Love Handles! Help!

• You can't spot-reduce fat. Cardio is your best bet overall. If you'd like some at-home DVDs, try Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred. It has a little bit of lifting in it that might help you get started. It's only 20 minutes, and it's absolutely fantastic! I saw inches melting away after a week (not kidding). Another great one of hers is No More Trouble Zones, which is about 40 min of weight lifting - but it works two muscle goups at once, so it incorporates some cardio. Her other one - Banish Fat Boost Metabolism is all cardio and intense!  HTH
  • If you're only eating 1300-1500 calories and working out, you're probably netting less than 1200 in a day, which means your body will try to hold on to the fat, because it thinkgs it's starving.

Use Sparkpeople, or Livestrong and track your food AND exercise, then keep your net calories in the range it suggests.

And like FavoriteOne said, you CANNOT spot reduce fat.  Some people will tend to lose fat in certain areas before others, but that's up to genetics.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have the same problem, I've been lifting weights for a month (in addition to my regular cardio) and I can see muscles in my arms and upper abs but the love handles are not going away. I'm starting to incorporate more high intensity cardio in the hopes that will help, but it's true that you can't spot reduce. Grrrrr I feel your pain though!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards