Wedding Reception Forum

Ivory and light blue.

I will be wearing an Ivory wedding dress, and I am seriously considering a light, almost sky blue BM's dress. Do you think that color paterno works?

Re: Ivory and light blue.

• I don't see why not.  Your dress is a neutral color so you can pretty much do any color under the sun that you want and it will go.

• I think it works! I google-image searched "ivory and sky blue wedding" and a lot of beautiful pictures came up.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary 
  • That's what I'm having. Technically it's "Soft White" and "Celestial Blue" from the designers, but yeah, Ivory and Light Blue. From seeing the dresses together, it looks great (we're adding some soft yellow to the BMs bouquets for an accent color, but you don't need that by any stretch).
    photo a826c490-726a-4824-af5c-d938878de228_zpseb85bb5a.jpg
  • I am doing these colors too.  I found a nice light blue color from David's but when I saw it in person I was worried about the color palette being too eastery, and the re-wearability of a pale bm dress after the wedding. My girls liked a royal blue better so were just tying in blues in general.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    J + A [4-15-13] + JJ [1-22-14] 
  • That is what I am planning also! Ivory for me,there are some really beautiful ivory gowns :)
    The light color blue I like is made by Anna Elyse. They have a few websites : wwwannaelyse.com and www.anniegirldressup.com...Good luck with your wedding plans....My bridal bouquet will be beautiful blue flowers,pale roses and babys breath. I found a beautiful matching cake at www.weddingcakes.com and www.marthastewartweddings.com/cakes  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards