Georgia-Atlanta
Options

QOTW 1/26/11

Do you have a wedding planning nay sayer? Someone that always has something less than positive to say about your plans?

Mine is kind of my mother. She is super supportive and I enjoy doing wedding stuff with her, but sometimes she can be so irritating. The first thing was my shoes, I said that I wanted blue shoes and her response was "No!...Uh, I mean, do you think that's the best idea?" Basically I want a nice fun wedding but she's got some grand formal affair in mind. Most recently, I showed her a mock up of a wedding invitation that I made up on my Cuttlebug and she looks and says "Oh, we can use that for a shower invitation or something but it's not really formal enough for a wedding."

Re: QOTW 1/26/11

• Options
    My_MattMy_Matt member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FI's mom ALWAYS has something negative about EVERYTHING. I am learning to just tune her out and politely informing her I could care less about her opinion.
    I wonder if Prince William and Kate are registered at Target?
  • Options
    dzjennadzjenna member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My Mom is also negative.  She always has a comment about EVERYTHING, especially money!  She thinks we spend way too much on everything, and I'm like, uh since we're paying for this OURSELVES, then I get to make the final decisions... end of story!!!  

She also keeps making comments about the hotel we picked for our guests (the W Midtown b/c it's close to our venue), which we got at a great rate ($139/night).  She thinks it's way too pricey to ask family members to stay there, and I have to keep telling her that she won't find any other hotel in that area for less... and if she doesn't like it, she doesn't have to stay there... it's just an option!!!!  Grrrr.....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards