Outdoor Weddings
Options

Outdoor reception in Texas Hill Country ideas?

We're newly engaged looking to have our wedding in San Antonio area Oct 2010 for about 200 people.  I would love to have the wedding outside and reception indoors at the same venue with a "rainy day plan" just incase.  Any good or bad venues to check out (or avoid?).  Thanks!

Re: Outdoor reception in Texas Hill Country ideas?

• Options
    edited January 2010
    the San Antonio local board would be a good place for you to post this, as this is a national board. I do have a friend who had a great (and very budget-friendly) wedding around SA and New Braunfels, but I can't remember exactly where. I'll watch this thread and reply when I know more.

my friend got married at Longhorn Caverns State Park in Marble Falls. it was really pretty according to her pictures. here's the website: http://www.longhorncaverns.com/index.html. she got married at the house/castle looking thing on the second picture of the slideshow on the opening page.

she also suggests the amphitheater in McKinney State Park in Austin and Palmetto State Park. she said the state parks were great in that area.

Glenna Harding Photography
  • Options
    Hello! This is an international board, so this would be better if posted on your local board. GL
  • Options
    Awesome, thanks guys!  I got it posted on the SA local board.  I'll check out the state parks...great idea!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards