Latino Weddings

Lazo Blessing

I'm using a rosary lazo in our mass (I finally got one!) and we're trying to finish up our programs.  Do any of you have the blessing that the priest is going to use (or used) for the blessing of the lazo?  Our priest showed us the blessings he uses for the cords (which i guessi could use) but I wanted to see what else is out there.  TIA

Re: Lazo Blessing

• edited December 2011
    First ask your priest if he wiuld let you do any blessing other than the one he already has! Some Priests are quite picky like that.

I found this online: http://www.myspiritualwedding.com/content/005469.shtml but it is ubber formal for my taste. In my country we have an elder do the blessing. Would your priest allow something liek that??
    "My husband says I feed him like he's a god: every meal is a burnt offering." ~Rhonda Hansome
  • edited December 2011
    "Let the union of binding together this rosary of the Blessed Virgin Mary be an inspiration to you both.  Remember the holiness necessary to preserve your new family can only be obtained by mutual sacrifice and love."

We are having a family member recite the blessing over us, and it will be said in Spanish.
  • edited December 2011

Thanks for posting this, it give me something to think about. I'm having a Catholic ceremony by a priest who studied in Mexico so he is extremely familiar and comfortable with performing all the traditions. I, however only been to American weddings, didn't know that someone else can bless the laso. This could be a job for Grandma...she may love this idea! Oh now I have to check with the Priest. Thank you girls.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards