Tennessee
Options

Tri-Cities wedding planner suggestions

Ok, so my post has two questions.  One is what are your thoughts on hiring a wedding planner.  I'm 13 months out, and I'm already a little overwhelmed with all the decisions. I think I am going to drive my FI crazy.  I want a simple, elegant wedding with about 100 guests, but I want it to run smoothly and be stressfree for everyone -- especially my FI and I.  I want to enjoy this time, not lose my mind.  Also, I currently live in DC, and the wedding will be int he Tri-Cities. Thoughts on wedding planners?

My second question:  Anyone have any planner recommendations?  Affordable would be nice.

Re: Tri-Cities wedding planner suggestions

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Where in Tri Cities are you getting married? I'm planning my own wedding but there are some wedding planners in Kingsport,Bristol, and Johnson City; I looked at one but decided I could handle everything myself ( I love planning parties, so I'm loving the whole process!) Here's the link for the one my cousin recommended and this girl looks like she would be awesome!

http://www.pamelaseventdesign.com/

If you need anything else, feel free to message me, I'm getting married in Kingsport so if you decide to handle everything yourself I have a ton of info regarding venues, rentals, catering, etc I would love to share with you!
  • Options
    VolRach865VolRach865 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh yes yes yes!!!! I'm also getting married in Kingsport.  Allandale actually.  Any recommendation you could pass my way would be wonderful.  I'll also PM you just to make sure you know how debted I would be to you for any recs.  

YAY!  I'm so excited to find another Kingsport bride!!!
  • Options
    eastTNbrideeastTNbride member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I planned my own wedding in Johnson City while going to school and working 3 jobs. It can definitely be done, but some of it depends on your venue and how elaborate you want things. If you have already chosen a venue, sometimes the coordinators there can help with other vendors.

I've heard great things about Postive Approach Events. http://www.positiveapproachevents.com/
    I've never worked with them directly, but the couple that owns the business is very nice and they just opened a cool wedding venue called Venue in downtown Johnson City (I went to an event there and met them then.). I don't know what they charge.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi! I am planning a wedding from Charlotte in the Tri Cities, we are looking at Allandale also. Does anyone have any catering recommendations? 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married in Johnson City at The Charles. We had originally planned on Allandale, but after adding everything up including rentals and everything it almost equaled out & The Charles does everything! They are amazing, and the staff even acts as a wedding director. If you get married there, then they can do catering there. We hired Pratt's catering from Kingsport before we changed venues.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards