Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Blue sangria

We are considering options for a signature drink with our beer and wine open bar and the caterer suggested blue sangria. Has anyone ever had it? It's not on their regular menu, so we can't just go to the restaurant and try it. I like sangria but have never had blue and even though blue is one of our wedding colors, I'd rather go with red or white if it tastes better than the blue.
Thanks!
DD Lea, born 04/21/10
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
BFP #4 It's a BOY!
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
CP: July 2011
BFP #3: 11/3/2011 M/C 12/12/11
We miss you and love you always, little firecrackers!

Re: Blue sangria

• edited December 2011
    How are they turning it blue? With curacao? I think I'd be weirded out by dyed blue fruit floating in it... I like my food to look like it's supposed to look.
  • 8daysaweek8daysaweek member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It has blue curacao, and the fruit is blueberries, blackberries and grapes... so nothing is dyed
    DD Lea, born 04/21/10
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #4 It's a BOY!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    CP: July 2011
    BFP #3: 11/3/2011 M/C 12/12/11
    We miss you and love you always, little firecrackers!
  • edited December 2011
    Sounds delicious to me!  I love, love, love sangria and blue curacao is always a fun addition to a cocktail!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_blue-sangria?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:23Discussion:72c65585-fd82-43e0-9133-78aa47ba6039Post:7768593a-ed9f-405e-8eb6-ac6ee1b7f85f">Re: Blue sangria</a>:
    [QUOTE]It has blue curacao, and the fruit is blueberries, blackberries and grapes... so nothing is dyed
    Posted by 8daysaweek[/QUOTE]

Well, that sounds good then! Ask to try it with the curacao and without and see which one you like better.
  • ivyrose13ivyrose13 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My standing rule for alcoholic beverages is "If it looks like Windex, it has to be good" think about it, Blue Hawaiians, Electric Lemonade, blue curacao, all yummy. Definitely try it before hand, but as a guest, I would definitely be curious enough to at least try it. 

The truth behind a well laced dress
  • edited December 2011
    Just make sure you're not a spiller. Blue + wedding dress = sadness!
  • phillychica85phillychica85 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I love sangria, both red and white, so I'd def. try a blue variation of it. Sounds interesting! Since it's one of your colors, it would def. be a neat element too!

My travel and cooking blog

Maui, November 2011
  • edited December 2011
    Sounds yummy to me!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker White Knot
  • edited December 2011
    I work as a bartender and I have made blue sangria before for a country club function. It is good, but after like two drinks everybodys mouth is stained  highlighter blue. I would stick with either red or white sangria, you cant go wrong with either one of those!!!!! If you need any good sangria recipes, would be glad to offer them up!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards