Ohio-Cincinnati

Vendor Review - 3/5/11 Dayton Wedding

Here are the reviews from my March 5, 2011 Dayton wedding. Hope they help.

Golf Club at Yankee Trace (A)

Our venue was amazing…Jason, our contact there, was incredibly accommodating and worked with us to give us the wedding of our dreams. The food was absolutely fabulous and everyone commented on how delicious everything was. I highly recommend using Yankee Trace.

Nixon Photography (A++++++)

I think choosing Nixon Photography was the best decision we made. Michelle and Bob are phenomenal. We absolutely loved our engagement pictures. She made my husband enjoy himself and he hates taking pictures. On our wedding day, it was pooring rain and Michelle sent me an email the day before to relax and not worry because we’d get excellent pictures. And she was absolutely right. Our wedding photos are phenomenal. I could not be happier with how they turned out. The team at Nixon is amazing and I highly recommend them!

Ele (A)

LOVED our cake. Both our wedding cake and the groomscake, which I had made in an Ohio State block O as a surprise for my husband turned out wonderful. Most importantly, they were delicious!

Lillian’s (B+)

Great selection of dresses. It’s a small boutique so you get lots of attention. Very reasonably priced.

Party Pleasers (C-)

There were many ups and downs to our experience with Party Pleasers. I thought the lighting for our wedding was amazing. The uplighting we added really added to the atmosphere. Our dj did a good job of keeping people on the dance floor. Our complaints were that he played songs we asked him not to play, didn’t get in all of the songs we really wanted, and messed up part of our processional music. The communication really lacked also after we booked Party Pleasers and were assigned our dj. If I was just a guest at the wedding I would have thought the dj did a good job. However, knowing all the behind the scenes stuff I am not 100% happy.

Marxey Makeup - Michelle Marx (A)

Michelle did an amazing job with my hair and makeup. It was flawless and the makeup lasted all night. She and her assistant also did my bridesmaids hair which looked great until late into the night.

Day of Consultant – Lindsey Mesa (A)

I was on the fence about hiring a d.o.c. but I am so glad that I hired Lindsey. She is extremely professional and easy to work with. She contacted all of my vendors the week before to confirm delivery or when they would show up. She handled everything the day of and I didn’t have to worry about a thing. Money very well spent in my opinion.

Sherwood Florist (A+)

Jessie is amazing. Her flower arrangements are beautiful. I am not very familiar with a lot of flowers – I know the basics. Jessie sat down with me and helped me create my vision. My bouquet and my bridesmaid bouquets were a million times more beautiful than I would have ever imagined. Sherwood Florist is incredibly reasonably priced compared to a lot of the other florist I met with in the area. Highly recommend them!

Herle’s Tuxedo (A)
They were wonderful. All of our groomsmen were from out of town so they just called in their measurements. They went the day before to try on the tuxes and they all looked amazing. Their prices were exceptionally reasonable too and you can’t beat their customer service.

Transportation – Candlelight Coach Limo (B+)

We had our wedding and reception at the same place so we really didn’t need a limo. However, we hired Candlelight Coach to transport our guests from the hotel to our venue. They ran for about an hour and then came back and took our guests back to the hotel or to a nearby bar where we were having our after party. They were on time and did everything we asked.

Videographer - Hatfield Productions
There is no grade here yet because we haven't seen our video. However, Brett has been very easy to communicate with and was reasonably priced compared to others.

Anniversary

Re: Vendor Review - 3/5/11 Dayton Wedding

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards