Snarky Brides
Options

Happy Saturday!

Anybody here? I really tried to sleep in, but I just couldn't.

We set up our tree last night. It's so pretty. I love Christmas! Ben just woke up and I'm waiting for him to come into the living room to find Elfie (our Elf on the Shelf).

We've got a busy day of Tae Kwan Do, then Ben's Chuck E Cheese party and then we're off to an engagement party for some friends of ours. I also really need to finish laundry, study, and finish some Christmas shopping.

What is everyone else up to?

Re: Happy Saturday!

• Options
    Morning!  I've been up since 5, because I don't feel well. I think it's from the poor decision to stop and pick up McDonald's on the way home from work with H last night. That's what I get for eating healthier lately ;)

I'm about to hop in the shower, then I'm heading out to get my hair cut. Wife chop! haha  I'm so excited to get rid of some of my hair. It's so long and out of control lately (that's what she said?)

On another plus side... we've got a beautiful fresh layer of snow. THe perfect stark white powdery stuff!
  • Options
    SNOW! They are actually saying we might get some this evening. I can't wait! I love snow. But only if it is gone after a day.

I can't wait to see your hair. Make sure to come back with pictures.
  • Options
    Me and photoshop are trying to get the friggin graphics done for our invitations so we can send them off.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    You should photo shop your head on a goats body. I think that would make for a real classy invite.
  • Options
    Steph - I did the wife chop a few weeks ago.  Life is grand :).

Vegas - have fun.  I had a friend do mine.  She's awesome and made what was in my head better :).
  • Options
    And good morning Cew.
  • Options
    Morning Loopy!
  • Options
    I thought it would take me longer to eat.  I'm going to bed.  Have a good Saturday!
  • Options
    Loopy! I gave my dog his toy and have been chasing him around the house trying to take his picture, he just growls and runs away. BUT he loves it! so thanks again! :)
  • Options
    morning morning!

Steph- how short are you going? I am FINALLY cutting mine next week. I haven't even trimmed it since the wedding- yuck. I really really want to chop all of mine off but I am a wuss and will not. I will prob just get a trim...

vegas- i feel like if you had been working on this stuff while I was planning my wedding I could have shamed my H into doing more....

Cew- please explain the elf on the shelf. I've seen him in stores but I've never figured out what he is.

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • Options
    Elfie is awesome. The idea is that every year, Elfie flies down from the North Pole to visit his kid. He sits in the house all day and watches what the kid does and then flies home every night and reports the kid's behavior back to Santa. The kid isn't allow to touch the Elf, but he can whisper in its ear to tell it what he wants for Christmas.

From the parent's perspective, you pull the elf out every year in the beginning of December and after the kid goes to bed each night, you move him to a different spot so that the kid thinks that the elf has gone home to report to Santa and come back.

Does that make sense? It seems much more complicated than it really is. Basically, it's just a way to keep your kid in line during Christmas. :)

The other day, Ben was eating his breakfast and dropped something on his pants. I heard him say "friggin breakfast!" then I heard him get up and whisper to Elfie "I'm so sorry Elfie, I know friggen is a bad word. I promise I won't say it again. Please forgive me." It was cute.
  • Options
    I just got up.

I am going to sit here and work on my wedding album for a couple of hours before the gym...then the gym, then whatever...then an ornament exchange party later...woo hoo...such an exciting life I lead!

I love Saturdays.
  • Options
    Good morning.  Today I'm amazon shopping, I mean... working.  After that, I'm heading home and hopefully we can finish cleaning the house and put up our tree. 
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I absolutely love the "pre reception jager bombs". Wish I could copy you, but my venue is strictly no outside drinks.  Badass pic though!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-saturday-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1e2653ca-71ee-4894-b7b9-aa1fd4482b5cPost:77ac498f-43b5-484c-802d-25c3341d5130">Re: Happy Saturday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I absolutely love the "pre reception jager bombs". Wish I could copy you, but my venue is strictly no outside drinks.  Badass pic though!
    Posted by KtCa[/QUOTE]

<div>We had those taken at the Inn where my family was staying (on property but rented separately so ours to use as we pleased, alcohol included). We forgot to get a red bull to do it but luckily our photographer had on in her car. It was a nice, silly moment between the two of us (and the photographer!) before we went to the reception!</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-saturday-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1e2653ca-71ee-4894-b7b9-aa1fd4482b5cPost:5f29d51c-0e01-4c09-9e92-d6f62e771041">Re: Happy Saturday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Elfie is awesome. The idea is that every year, Elfie flies down from the North Pole to visit his kid. He sits in the house all day and watches what the kid does and then flies home every night and reports the kid's behavior back to Santa. The kid isn't allow to touch the Elf, but he can whisper in its ear to tell it what he wants for Christmas. From the parent's perspective, you pull the elf out every year in the beginning of December and after the kid goes to bed each night, you move him to a different spot so that the kid thinks that the elf has gone home to report to Santa and come back. Does that make sense? It seems much more complicated than it really is. Basically, it's just a way to keep your kid in line during Christmas. :) The other day, Ben was eating his breakfast and dropped something on his pants. I heard him say "friggin breakfast!" then I heard him get up and whisper to Elfie "I'm so sorry Elfie, I know friggen is a bad word. I promise I won't say it again. Please forgive me." It was cute.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>that is beyond adorable. Ben sounds like a riot btw. 

</div>

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • Options
    Good morning, Ladies.  I'm off to spin within the hour, then some Christmas/SS shopping.  Then a hike, and a retirement party for our dear friend (who was the pianist at our wedidng).  He's going back to the same job as a contractor, but is officially retiring.  At 50.  Lucky dog.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Cew- That is such a cute idea! Love it.

It's snowing heavily here and ruining my plan for hanging Christmas lights outside. I guess I'll just have to go shopping instead. Has anyone found a decent winter coat at Target lately? My recent searches have proved useless.
  • Options
    Morning.  I'm not excited about our forecasted snow, CEW.  Maybe it'll all dump on y'all and not make it as far a us :)

We're going to try to get a Christmas tree today too, if the weather cooperates. 
  • Options
    Good morning everyone!  I had to get up and email my boss my proposal for his 6 am meeting in CA and can't get back to sleep.
  • Options
    Numbers- the guys all went to a bar before the ceremony for a few beers.  The night before, my entire family (grandparents included) did a few group shots at dinner. It was hilarious, and the waitress thought we were insane.  So, I'm obviously on board with the pre-wedding shots ;)

Star- I'm not sure. I'd love to go shoulder length.  My hair is about 6 inches past my bra line right now, and it's just unmanageable.  The longer it gets, the less curly it gets... so it just gets stringy and frizzy.  Hopefully chopping it all off will bring back my curls!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-saturday-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1e2653ca-71ee-4894-b7b9-aa1fd4482b5cPost:e7dd3a16-5f8c-4401-81f7-3fbdd4a94192">Re: Happy Saturday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>SNOW! They are actually saying we might get some this evening</strong>. I can't wait! I love snow. But only if it is gone after a day. I can't wait to see your hair. Make sure to come back with pictures.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

We are getting it right now..and it stinks because it is going to be bad all day.  There goes our whole Saturday.
    It's time. Adoption saving and process started in November 2012.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-saturday-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1e2653ca-71ee-4894-b7b9-aa1fd4482b5cPost:eff1e53d-cc66-4ef6-a995-2d2f8e6ff1c7">Re: Happy Saturday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning.  I'm not excited about our forecasted snow, CEW.  Maybe it'll all dump on y'all and not make it as far a us :) We're going to try to get a Christmas tree today too, if the weather cooperates. 
    Posted by pirategal03[/QUOTE]

Send it my way! I'm all for snow on the weekends. It's during the week that sucks.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-saturday-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1e2653ca-71ee-4894-b7b9-aa1fd4482b5cPost:7ec680a7-a07c-45d7-98f5-fa66abc79098">Re: Happy Saturday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Saturday! : We are getting it right now..and it stinks because it is going to be bad all day.  There goes our whole Saturday.
    Posted by barbbhoww[/QUOTE]

Barb! Where have you been young lady? I feel like I haven't seen you in forever!
  • Options
    Morning ladies!

Just got up enjoying my coffee. I ended up calling in sick Thursday and Friday. But I feel like its what I needed, you know? I
    havent had a vacation since the wedding in May and I had 8 days left so what the heck might as well take a few.

Cew- that is so cute, I wish we had the Elf on the shelf when my son was young.

We are going through our list today and getting our Christmas shopping done. Off to the outlet malls!
  • Options
    I know!  I've been so crazy...but still alive.  I've been  back a bit more and have some more free time now!

Outside my back door:

• Options
    I'm glad you're back. :)
  • Options
    Thanks, cew!  I appriciate that!
  • Options
    Good Morning!

I'm putting my SS gift in the mail today, hitting up the mall to get Cory's Christmas present, and then gorging myself with gooey goodness at Cinnabon since i deserve it for putting up with mall chaos at Christmas time.  Right?  Validate me please.
  • Options
    I think you have the right.  I'm not looking forward to having to put some presents in the mail because people are acting like lunatics right now.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards