Florida-West Coast
Options

Hors d'oeuvres Catering in Tampa - Advice/Opinions?

I am on a tight budget and was considering a Hors d'oeurves/Cocktail type recepetion. Ideally I would like small, but satisfying bites which are fun and inexpensive, but still somewhat classy. I really liked the menu examples for "Good Food Catering" but the estimated price I was quoted was around 35 dollars a person. This was the "lower end" I was told. That estimate did include service, but not alcohol/glasses/linens/anything else. Anyone else look into or have this type of reception? Any opinions on vendors? What do you think an average cost for this should be?

Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hors d'oeuvres Catering in Tampa - Advice/Opinions?

• Options
    babybchbumbabybchbum member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Olympia catering. Generally they do fuill meals but are willing to work with any budget and do hors d'oeuvres only as well.

When you call ask to speak with Sherri. She is just wonderful.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I was looking into this type of menu as well but it's actually more expensive because the work is more tedious. There is a ton of preparation involved in all of the tiny pieces. A buffet is still the cheapest way to go.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-west-coast_hors-doeuvres-catering-tampa-adviceopinions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:62Discussion:8c60d93b-5054-4d42-8eb9-c1d374c18b42Post:4430a300-8082-4c21-831a-6c59e5d5c2d1">Re: Hors d'oeuvres Catering in Tampa - Advice/Opinions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was looking into this type of menu as well but it's actually more expensive because the work is more tedious. There is a ton of preparation involved in all of the tiny pieces. A buffet is still the cheapest way to go.
    Posted by TheMrsCabral[/QUOTE]

This. I found this to be the same with the caterers I talked to. I ended up doing BBQ for $12 a head. Woot.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Agree with PP, check your favorite local places Jerk Hut, Sonny's, small places cater for way cheaper than a caterers "cocktail" meun
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Options
    sb_simmonssb_simmons member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Puff n' Stuff and Aymee is really great about working with a budget. We just doing Hors d'oeuvres and we had a limited budget. She is the only person who even email me back after talking about the budget. We had a tasting too and the food didn't only look great but tasted amazing!!! Good luck
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ashtraygirlashtraygirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    SB: They look great! ... I just wish they had any basic pricing info. I hate having to set an appointment only to find out they are out of budget.

MissJ: Thats very helpful, I'm going to try looking into some of my favorite restaurants and see what I can find out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    sb_simmonssb_simmons member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

All you have to do is email they and they will send you a menu with prices. :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I actually used Kevin at Good Food Catering and the food and service is AMAZING.  They are well worth the expense if you can work it out.  My guest couldn't stop talking about them.  THEY ARE AMAZING!!!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ^I don't doubt that. I simply can't afford 30 dollars per person.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    you can do it on a budget. i would definitely check with resturaunts you like too.. and smartyhadaparty.com has a ton of really cute disposable serveware that is inexpensive so if your appetizers came on a big ugly platter you could make them pretty yourself!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ^OH MY GOD, that site is awesome! thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards