South Carolina
Options

Pros and Cons???

I am extremly passionate about doing my reception at Larkins on the River and getting married at the furman chapel.  However, both are only available in the MIDDLE of JULY when southern heat is at its peak?  I wanna have my reception outside.  Has anyone had a wedding during July and what did you do to cope with the heat.

Also, my fiancee wants to consider other venues.  Any churches that let you get married that aren't members? 

Re: Pros and Cons???

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I wanted the same places but they weren't available due to Football and fall for greenville. You could also look into the Glassy chapel. You don't have to be church members there and it is gorgeous. Maybe you could do the Wyche Pavilion in July. It is covered so it wouldn't be so hot in the direct sun. YOu would be covered in the case of rain. I would look into renting some kind of fans. Also, ask Larkin's about solutions. I'm sure they get this question all the time.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am a wedding coordination in Greenville, SC and I have done ceremonies and receptions at Furman University. I do think that the heat would be unbearable. I have done September weddings there where the guests were very uncomfortable in the heat. 

Most churches are okay with you having a ceremony in their facility if you are not a member, often, you just have to pay an additional fee. 

There are many small chapels such as Skylight Chapel around Greenville, but those will accommodate less guests.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    My Wedding Blog!
    kelsdeliciouslife.wordpress.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards