Chit Chat

Navy Dresses.....What color of shoes?

I am getting married in September and having my bridesmaids wear navy (marine blue) dresses.  What color of shoes would you have them wear?  Would black work?

Re: Navy Dresses.....What color of shoes?

• tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    I have a killer pair of navy blue patent leather heels from Nine West.  If you can't find something along those lines, I'd try a strappy beige or subtle gold.

If they're going to be in long dresses, I wouldn't worry too much about this.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Silver heels.
  • I don't think black would be terrible, but a metallic might be better.  Silver, gold, or bronze, depending on your other colors.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • I would also go w/ silver or gold, depending on which suits the colors/accessories better.
  • Ditto pp. I would let them pick their shoes out, maybe just give them a color. That is what I did.
  • My BMs dresses are horizon blue (royal/cobalt blue) and they are wearing silver shoes.  The dresses are long so I let my BMs pick whatever shoes they want. The funny thing is I wasn't too worried about the color of the shoes but they were!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I wore a light blue wedding dress with silver heels and it looked great, so silver might also work for dark blue. My MOH wore navy bue with darker gray heels and they worked perfectly. I've always heard that black and blue don't go together.
  • megk8ozmegk8oz member
    First Comment
    My mom wore a sapphire colored dress (Very close to the marine color, a little more 'purple' in it) to my wedding with silver heels, it looked great together.

I would just pick a metallic: gold, silver, pewter, bronze, whatever, and then just have them pick their own shoes in that color. Nobody ever looks at the BMs' shoes anyway, and this way each of your girls can pick something that they'll wear more than once.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • I agree silver shoes...my girls are wearing  black dresses and they have silver shoes as well
  • Definitely silver shoes.

Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
    image Our Furbaby Beaker imageimage
  • I think silver shoes would look good
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had navy dresses and I let the girls just wear whatever shoes they wanted.  Some wore silver, some wore black.
    imageimage
    Follow my book blog: Panda Reads
    Follow me on Goodreads: my read shelf:
    Sandra's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • i agree, silver!  love silver heels!
    Anniversary image
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image TO image
    my to-read shelf:
    Mel O's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • While I think silver is fine, I like maybe pewter or nude.  Nude heels are really in style now and they look fantastic with EVERYTHING.  Silver may be a little too flashy if that's not what you are going for.

September 2011 August Siggy Challenge- Drag Queens!! imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • My BF had BMs in navy, and they wore yellow shoes and they were soooo cute!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards