Honeymoon Discussions

Liberty Travel Honeymoon Registry or any other recommendations?

I am going to book my honeymoon through Liberty Travel and want to do a honeymoon reigstry since my fiance and I do not own a home and we live in Europe for 3/4 of the year and US for 1/4 of the year...its hard to ask for a lot of physical, traditional items. 

Has anyone use the LT registry and would you recommend it? If not, what do you recommend as the best, most affordable registry?

The future "Mrs. Hassan"

Re: Liberty Travel Honeymoon Registry or any other recommendations?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_liberty-travel-honeymoon-registry-or-any-other-recommendations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:6aed9dfd-fcf3-42b0-8327-d6410151710bPost:886587f8-70b3-439c-9db1-a2271024db83">Liberty Travel Honeymoon Registry or any other recommendations?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am going to book my honeymoon through Liberty Travel and want to do a honeymoon reigstry since my fiance and I do not own a home and we live in Europe for 3/4 of the year and US for 1/4 of the year...its hard to ask for a lot of physical, traditional items.  Has anyone use the LT registry and would you recommend it? If not, what do you recommend as the best, most affordable registry?
    Posted by kalinskik[/QUOTE]

Skip the honeymoon registry.  Why would you want a company taking a service fee (for Liberty Travel it's 7%!!)??  Just make a tiny registry at a store.  Turn down any offers for showers.  Most people will know you and understand cash is best.
  • Just don't register. People will get the point. 
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Preview!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker

122image 110image 12image
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_liberty-travel-honeymoon-registry-or-any-other-recommendations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:6aed9dfd-fcf3-42b0-8327-d6410151710bPost:886587f8-70b3-439c-9db1-a2271024db83">Liberty Travel Honeymoon Registry or any other recommendations?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am going to book my honeymoon through Liberty Travel and want to do a honeymoon reigstry since my fiance and I do not own a home and we live in Europe for 3/4 of the year and US for 1/4 of the year...its hard to ask for a lot of physical, traditional items.  Has anyone use the LT registry and would you recommend it? If not, what do you recommend as the best, most affordable registry?
    Posted by kalinskik[/QUOTE]

I can't believe all the negative attitudes! We were thrilled with our honeymoon regsitry and so were our wedding guests. Everyone loved it actually. I suspect the negative people have never used one. We used honeymoonpixie.com and had a very positive expereince. You can check out their reviews.  We got 100% of our gift money and they even wired it into my bank account during our honeymoon. Our guests paid 7%, but no complaints. Probably because there's no tax or shipping. Plus I got a beautiful registry and free stuff from these guys. The main point is that it was FUN!  I loved creating fun honeymoon adventure gifts - and our guests loved giving them to us. They gave us an expereince - which is what we wanted (we lived togther and had a house established). And yes they knew that we were getting cash, etc. But everyone loved it! Your wedding guests are also probably your best freinds - and they will want to give you a gift that you really want - so I would recommend the honeymoon registry.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_liberty-travel-honeymoon-registry-or-any-other-recommendations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:6aed9dfd-fcf3-42b0-8327-d6410151710bPost:d9ca1f17-2d0c-445d-89d3-7d1e05dc4efc">Re: Liberty Travel Honeymoon Registry or any other recommendations?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Liberty Travel Honeymoon Registry or any other recommendations? : I can't believe all the negative attitudes! We were thrilled with our honeymoon regsitry and so were our wedding guests. Everyone loved it actually. I suspect the negative people have never used one. We used honeymoonpixie.com and had a very positive expereince. You can check out their reviews.  We got 100% of our gift money and they even wired it into my bank account during our honeymoon. Our guests paid 7%, but no complaints. Probably because there's no tax or shipping. Plus I got a beautiful registry and free stuff from these guys. The main point is that it was FUN!  I loved creating fun honeymoon adventure gifts - and our guests loved giving them to us. They gave us an expereince - which is what we wanted (we lived togther and had a house established). And yes they knew that we were getting cash, etc. But everyone loved it! Your wedding guests are also probably your best freinds - and they will want to give you a gift that you really want - so I would recommend the honeymoon registry.
    Posted by jaso2012[/QUOTE]

<div>Gross.   Do you know where you can register where guests don't have to pay tax and almost never shipping either?  Amazon.  </div><div>
    </div><div>OP, HM registries are deceptive.  PP did not get her experiences - she got cash, and the guests had to pay that fee for her. PP, if the guests had just stuck a check in a card, perhaps you would have gotten that 7% instead of the HM companies.  I gurantee you that the reason nobody told you it was a bad idea was because they didn't want to offend you to your face.  Even if the guest is the one paying for that fee, it's still coming out of money they would have been clearly willing to give to you.  I don't understand how you don't seem to get that.</div><div>
    </div><div>One of my BFFs is using a HM registry.  I haven't told her I think it's a terrible idea because I don't want her to feel bad.  But I'm not going to be contributing to it, even though it's the only registry she plans on having.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards