Wedding Etiquette Forum

Drag Fiance to Bridal Show?

(Sorry, I wasn't sure which forum to post this in...)

I'm thinking of attending my first bridal show next week but I don't really want to go alone, and I was wondering if any men go to bridal shows?  Can I drag my fiance or would he be the only guy there?

Thanks!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Anniversary

Re: Drag Fiance to Bridal Show?

• If he wants to go I see no problem with that.  However, I would not force or "drag" him to go with you.
  • I took FI to one, cause there are sooo many vendors there, and he wanted to help plan haha :) There were lots of guys there, so as long as your FI is fine with it, take him!
    Married December 18th, 2010 :)
  • If he is interested in going, fine, but I definitely wouldn't force him. I know my H would have no interest in going to one.

Can you ask your Mom, a friend or sister to go instead of your FI?
  • Thanks everyone!  I meant "drag" more as a joke, sorry >.<  I think he would be fine with going, especially since I told him we'd have a chance to win free stuff.
    Anniversary
  • My FI looked like he was going to die when I asked him to come with me and one of my BM to look at dresses....a bridal show might have killed him
    The last flower to bloom is often the most beautiful Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_drag-fiance-bridal-show?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:468b8628-eacc-4ca4-bb13-317eed2a6411Post:c862d739-64f5-4bc5-8796-02326f02ca63">Re: Drag Fiance to Bridal Show?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks everyone!  I meant "drag" more as a joke, sorry />.<  I think he would be fine with going, especially since I told him we'd have a chance to win free stuff.
    Posted by fireflyrebirth[/QUOTE]

Just be prepared to get e-mails and mail for anything remotely wedding related. And lots of them. I would establish a e-mail address for all wedding related communication and stuff and be careful who you give your name and address too. While the drawings and giveaways may be great, you have to be careful bc some can be too good to be true. And I am just not a fan of giving private/personal info to everyone and anyone.
  • ha ha ha I took my fiance to one and I just told him there would be a lot of free samples of cake and some food and he was there :) Definitely do the seperate email thing---I still get emails all the time and it was over a year ago!! Also remember if vendors are going to "give you a special deal" that day they will most likely give it to you again---no matter what they say :) Don't be pressured to sign on the dotted line for anything that day :)

• I only went to one and H had no desire to go originally.  I planned on going with my mom and aunt who was my MOH.  H ended up wanting to come though to get info, and I think also because I had surgery 3 days before and i think he more was worried about me getting hurt or something.  Yes, there are crazy brides there. 

H actually really enjoyed it, and has told his friends they should go.  We found our DJ and limo there so he was happy to meet them.  The only thing he didn't like was the fashion show, so while we watched that he walked around to other vendors.  There were lots of guys there so he definitely wouldn't be out of place.  And if its like ours, they had a bar which was a plus for him.

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • I attended a bridal show with my FI. We met a few vendors that we may use for the wedding. There were actually a lot of couples there. I told FI to just let me know when he wanted to leave, since we both worked all day and I was just happy he came in the first place- so we didn't stay for the whole thing.
    I also agree with Missy about creating a wedding related email address. I didn't give out my phone number and used the wedding email when vendors asked.
  • "LOTS of guys were there"??

In my region, my mom and I went to four bridal shows - here they are held in hugs hotel ballrooms and concert halls.  The average attendance was about 100 and there were probably 4 guys there total.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_drag-fiance-bridal-show?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:468b8628-eacc-4ca4-bb13-317eed2a6411Post:65b9c5d0-c9c1-4446-8cf8-5c3686cda3dd">Re: Drag Fiance to Bridal Show?</a>:
    [QUOTE]"LOTS of guys were there"?? In my region, my mom and I went to four bridal shows - here they are held in hugs hotel ballrooms and concert halls.  The average attendance was about 100 and there were probably 4 guys there total.
    Posted by Kristin789[/QUOTE]

That's because you live in Pleasantville.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_drag-fiance-bridal-show?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:468b8628-eacc-4ca4-bb13-317eed2a6411Post:ac508d41-c68f-4cf0-8e31-83ca2afba449">Re: Drag Fiance to Bridal Show?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Drag Fiance to Bridal Show? : That's because you live in Pleasantville.
    Posted by zitiqueen[/QUOTE]

Or Stepford
  • Or that place that Nicolas Cage went in Wicker Man.
  • [QUOTE]Or that place that Nicolas Cage went in Wicker Man.
    Posted by zippityb[/QUOTE]
    DED.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_drag-fiance-bridal-show?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:468b8628-eacc-4ca4-bb13-317eed2a6411Post:ac508d41-c68f-4cf0-8e31-83ca2afba449">Re: Drag Fiance to Bridal Show?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Drag Fiance to Bridal Show? : That's because you live in Pleasantville.
    Posted by zitiqueen[/QUOTE]

There is a place in West Florida named Niceville....maybe she is from there?
  • Tell him a lot of vendors offer free food samples. Thats how I go tmy guy to go, and we found some awesome deals and almost won a Kia Soul, so it can't hurt to go.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards