Illinois

David's Bridal--Champaign or Peoria?

Has anyone been to David's Bridal in Champaign and Peoria? I'll be back in IL in a month to do my dress shopping and to go shopping with my bridesmaids, and I'm not sure if there are any differences between the two or if one is better.

Re: David's Bridal--Champaign or Peoria?

• ncbaby88ncbaby88 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't been to the one in Champaign, but I absolutely loved the one in Peoria...it's where I got my dress :) I had heard mixed reviews on them but they were amazing to work with!
  • edited December 2011
    I went to the one in Peoria.  I had a good experience.  Their seamstress ladies are very nice and super easy to work with.
  • mishel13mishel13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress at the DB in Champaign. Personally, not impressed with the sales staff. my MOH made an appointment for us for 1 hour and 30 minutes in, my coordinator left to help another customer. Thought I caught a break when they called and said she was no longer with DB and I had a new coordinator. So, I made an appointment with her to do BM dresses, and I ended up pulling the dresses for my girls myself and she only came by once to check on us, and then again to take our orders... which weren't right and they had to call me to fix them.

Alterations in Champaign DB are great though! Have my final fitting on Wednesday and I couldn't be happier with them!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I also had a bad experience at the David's in Champaign- although i had made an appointment, my consultant was helping 3 other brides at the same time.  If you're shopping is Champaign I would recommend Michelle's. 
  • ltedlockltedlock member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also had a not so good experience at DB in Champaign.  I would recommend Bridal Ellegance in Bloomington.  That's where I bought my dress from!  They were great at helping me pick out my dress.  Then it came in 3 weeks after I ordered it!  When I went to try it on there was a noticable flaw in the dress and they were great about sending it back to the designer in exchange for a new dress!
  • mishel13mishel13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also, an edit to my previous post  on the Champaign DB - I got my dress back from alterations. Had to get about 2 inches taken out and they took out too much fabric, so then my dress didn't fit anymore!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Since I don't live in Illinois anymore, I didn't feel comfortable getting a dress from somewhere other than a "chain" store.

I did try on dresses at Bridal Elegance in Bloomington. I found a couple that I loved, but was told that it was pretty much too late to get my dress in and get alterations, even though it was 8 months before the wedding. I wish I hadn't have gone to Bridal Elegance at all..they wouldn't help me into the dress, and I was being rushed, even though there was only one other person looking in the store.

I had a great experience at DB in Champaign. Even though my consultant was training someone, she was very attentive. I was warned that she may be helping another bride at the same time, but I ended up being her only person. She brought over a dress for me to try on that she thought would look great, even though it wasn't one I had marked or particularly liked in the book. She was right, and it is now my dress!! :)
  • redrover1988redrover1988 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I spent way too many hours reading online reviews before I bought my dress, but I went to DB in Davenport , just over the river and met with lovely staff who took great care of me.

Best of Luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • sjshanksjshank member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to Champaign for my bridesmaids dresses.  Since we had a bad experience there with my sister's wedding in May 2010, I specifically told them to put me with a good consultant.  I got Katie, who was very helpful and did a great job, even though I am having 9 bridesmaids and my flower girls were there.  It all depends on your consultant, so let them know you would like someone good!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards