Ohio-Cincinnati

The Westin Downtown Cincinnati

We are looking to block rooms at the Westin.  Anyone have any experience or anyone ever stayed there?? 

Re: The Westin Downtown Cincinnati

• kelklumpkelklump member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I attempted to block rooms there, but the Bengals game kept us from getting what we wanted. We ended up at Spring Hill Suites Midtown. I have stayed there and they are nice. Parking fees arent my favorite, but I guess most hotels have them now.
  • jetadore312jetadore312 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi!
    My wedding is April 17th and our hotel block is at the Westin downtown. We have about 300 guests (about 200 are out of towners) and they've been great.  Rates for April were $99/night for a king room or $119/night for a fountain square view king room.

Ask for Shannon Bernstein :)

GOOD LUCK!
  • edited December 2011
    Millenium hotel was great for us!
  • cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are also using the Westin Downtown for our hotel guests.  Shannon has been great to work with, she was able to tell us what dates in June we could have for the $99/night rate, b/c some weekends were up to $199/night based on other events going on at the same time.

We love the Westin because it's close to our rehearsal dinner site (Nada) and our wedding ceremony/reception venue (Contemporary Arts Center).  We wanted everything to be within walking distance for our guests. 

One cool thing about the Westin is they create a personalized booking page for your guests that includes any info about the event you'd like to add and up to four pictures of you and your fiance.  Shannon created ours quickly and it's a nice touch to have a booking site specific to your wedding! 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • KaraMGMKaraMGM member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We held our reception in The Westin. We stayed there on our wedding night, and the majority of our guests stayed there the weekend of our wedding as well. I believe that I have a full review near the end of my bio. The major points I recall are...

-We started with one block at the Westin and one block at Hilton Netherland. So many of our guests chose the Westin that we had to add a second block there.

-All of our guests who travel for business chose the Westin, because they know that the beds are comfortable. Also, Westin is part of Starwood Hotels, which is a large group, (Meridian, Four Points, Westin, The Luxury Collection, aloft, Sheraton, element, St. Regis, W Hotels), so individuals who travel for business are very likely to have points that they can use to stay at the Westin.

-The Westin parking garage is connected to the Fountain Square parking garage, in which weekend parking is only $5, (I believe that it was even less at the time of our wedding), so parking was relatively inexpensive.

GL with your decision!
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards