March 2014 Weddings

Hello March!

Hello other March brides!  I've just moved over from the April board, after FI and I decided that March 2014 would be more practical for us than April 2014.  

FI and I have been engaged since November, but put planning on hold for a while since I was working full-time and going to grad school.  I have only two classes left, so we are well into our venue search!  We are very excited to really get into the planning process.  
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Hello March!

• Welcome to the board.... i think march is a great month in New Jersey. what part are you from? My FI and I are in the northern part
  • Thanks for the warm welcome, AMJC.  My FI and I also live in Northern NJ!  

I am little worried about the weather in March, as it can be unpredictable. I also have a March bday, and remember having a snow day that almost cancelled my 8th birthday party!  We can only hope that the weather for March 2014 will be as cooperative as it was in 2012.  
  • I really like the weather this year in march... aprils wasn't that great but march was beautiful. i am just hoping for no snow :)
  • I am so glad I am not the only one planning for a March 2014 wededing! when I told my grandparents the other day my grandpa shouted 2014! why so far away? I thought I had done something wrong lol. March 22, 2014. two days after my FI birthday and the week of our anniversary! excited! even though everyone is telling me to keep it a secret from my friends... :-(
  • Why are they telling you to keep it a secret from your friends?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2014-weddings_hello-march?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:179b8bb8-7e19-4a31-9506-cc60c908fe65Discussion:3985c4f0-8c43-4c01-9ba1-f0d4a7979630Post:007a8bd2-eed9-4764-bac0-6e8d3922bbd1">Re: Hello March!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am so glad I am not the only one planning for a March 2014 wededing! when I told my grandparents the other day my grandpa shouted 2014! why so far away? I thought I had done something wrong lol. March 22, 2014. two days after my FI birthday and the week of our anniversary! excited! even though everyone is telling me to keep it a secret from my friends... :-(
    Posted by BriLeigh89[/QUOTE]

Awesome!!!

Another person on the same date.

Though switching it the 21st, might be fun too, first day of spring.
  • We haven't set a date yet, but we're leaning towards the 22nd.  We had originally thought about April so that we could get married over my spring/easter break (I'm a teacher), but my school has changed their calendar.  I'll now have the last two weeks of March off every year, which makes it so much easier to plan ahead for anniversaries!

@BriLeigh, my birthday is the 19th!  I was originally against having our wedding so close to my bday (especially since it'll be my 30th in 2014).  But after chatting with my mom and FMIL, I realized I was just being silly. 
  • we are looking at march 8th
  • Hello! March 15th here. I'm in Arizona so early march will be warm lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hey March brides! I'm in NY and my date is March 14, 2014 :)  
  • Hi there! I am in Philadelphia and my date is March 8, 2014. Nice to finaly see this discussion board come alive with March '14 brides. Was hoping it would!
  • Hello!  I'm in Pittsburgh and our wedding date is March 1, 2014. We originally wanted January but it was 100% booked already at our venue.  Amazing how quick they fill up!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards