Not Engaged Yet

Morning

Good morning, pretty ladies! 

How was your weekend? 

Re: Morning

• It was ok.  Friday night I searched for a dress, found nothing so I wore an old dress to the wedding on Saturday. 

Saturday was the wedding, it was annoying for many reasons but oh well.  Also my eye was hurting pretty bad.  Sunday we finally took me to an emergency clinic for my eye.  I have a cornial abrasion or something, so I am without contacts until Thursday.  The eye is getting better though. BF was sick all weekend too, his cold turned into a bad cough.  Sunday we just stayed in catching up on Game of Thrones.

None of our friends had a bbq or anything so we ran some errands yesterday nothing too exciting. We both weren't up for anything too exciting really.  I hate being without contacts right now.

Anniversary

• SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_morning-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:00d6c56a-754d-413b-b57c-57e364f4c1e1Post:f28e57e0-5453-4d61-b0dd-79027f41682b">Re: Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]It was ok.  Friday night I searched for a dress, found nothing so I wore an old dress to the wedding on Saturday.  Saturday was the wedding, it was annoying for many reasons but oh well.  <strong>Also my eye was hurting pretty bad.  Sunday we finally took me to an emergency clinic for my eye.  I have a cornial abrasion or something, so I am without contacts until Thursday. </strong> The eye is getting better though. BF was sick all weekend too, his cold turned into a bad cough.  Sunday we just stayed in catching up on Game of Thrones. None of our friends had a bbq or anything so we ran some errands yesterday nothing too exciting. We both weren't up for anything too exciting really.  I hate being without contacts right now.
    Posted by danser55[/QUOTE]

<div>Yikes! What happened?? I hated having to go without contacts back when I wore them. I had to keep them out for 2 or 3 weeks or something before my Lasik & I was miserable. I hope you're not still in pain?</div>

• My weekend was awesome. Studly and I went down to Beaver Lake and did some scuba diving. We camped out and generally relaxed. It was pretty fabulous (minus the cold).
  • Thanks for asking, the pain is gone finally, but my eyes are still pretty red, they said it was scratch and infection in my cornea.  I have no idea how is happened actually... which sucks, may be when I was taking out my contact I scratched my eye.  My glasses are giving me the worst headache right now. 

I can't wait until I'm back in contacts!

Anniversary

• fun weekend! 

Friday night we got off work early, so we had all night to do stuff.  we went by a specialty candy shop, ate at our favorite Mexican truck place, ran by the mall, and did 2 grocery store shops.

Saturday...  we cleaned and stuff. 

Sunday, we had morning church and then went to an arts festival in the hippie district with a couple friends, then grilled out at our house for dinner.  that evening H and I walked around the canal downtown.

Monday, we didn't do a whole lot.  we shopped around for house stuff but didn't buy anything.  then we made an impromptu pizza trip with some friends to a place that used to be good...  45 minute drive out of the city, and then on the way back got caught up in a huge rain and hail storm!!

so that was about it!  very fun, and now I'm all mixed up because it feels like Monday but it's Tuesday and our house is messy and I ate way too much all weekend.  and it was so worth it all! 
  • Morning!

I had a pretty great weekend.  I got to see RDR and Irish in Philly on Saturday, although we failed at taking pictures.  Sunday I hung out with my mom and puppies, and then yesterday the guys had a cookout.  I made potato salad for the first time (and it was amazing), and there was drinking all day, and Cards Against Humanity, and the three boys had cigars to finish out the evening.  :)
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    Cunning: Sounds great! I'm too scared to scuba dive. 

Danser: That sounds so, so painful. I hope it heals quickly! 

Coco: Sounds like my weekend (I hate SO much it's scary) haha

Peek: I loved seeing you on Saturday! And I want potato salad. That's a must in August. 

• lovelyheatherlovelyheather member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited May 2012
    My weekend didn't really live up to expectations.  I was hoping for 3 days of riding (atv/quad/4 wheeler...whatever you want to call it).  Instead I got like 1.5 days of riding.

Saturday, about a quarter of the way around the trail, I caught the front tire of my atv on a tree stump and launched myself over the handlebars.  It was pretty terrifying.  Fortunately the atv ended up driving off to the trail instead of running over me, but I did have to hop up and chase it down.  No serious injuries, just a killer headache, a couple pulled muscles in my neck and a bruise on my leg.  I tried to finish the ride, but riding the whoops was making my headache worse and I just couldn't. 

I did manage to run a 5k Saturday night and it was my fastest time ever.  So that was good.

On Sunday it rained until 4.  Then the day suddenly turned sunny so we headed back to the trails.  I had a good ride, but BF's uncle crashed into a tree. 

We were all too tired/sore to try to ride on Monday.  I wanted to go for a run last night but it was way to hot (90s).  Instead I just chilled at home and drank Oberon.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_morning-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:00d6c56a-754d-413b-b57c-57e364f4c1e1Post:34bbb98f-b251-43c0-87d2-b8c73257efc1">Re: Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]Cunning: Sounds great! I'm too scared to scuba dive.  Danser: That sounds so, so painful. I hope it heals quickly!  Coco: Sounds like my weekend (I hate SO much it's scary) haha Peek: I loved seeing you on Saturday! <strong>And I want potato salad. That's a must in August. 
    </strong>Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]

I called my grandma and got her recipe.  Seriously the best decision I've ever made.
    I french with my man
  • motoLynmotoLyn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Morning!  Awesome and busy weekend, I would have liked today to be a recovery day.  Wedding dress fittings, 2 family BBqs and lots and lots of time spent out on the ocean.  Gorgeous weekend!
  • So... I guess I'm the only one who killed most of the weekend stalking weddings on FB?
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    edited May 2012
    Heather: That sound so scary! I'm glad you're ok. 

Lyn: Sounds amazing! I wish we had spent more time at the beach :(

Elle: I did too! I want more pictures from SKP & Raven!

ETA: Omg, Elle, you're next!!!!

• It was okay. I worked all weekend. Yesterday I got holiday pay though. 
    "You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." -Ray Bradbury 
  • In Response to Re:Morning:[QUOTE] Omg, Elle, you're next!!!! Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]

Um, yes I am. And I don't have to share my wedding weekend with ANYONE. Ha.

So let's spend the next two weeks talking about me, shall we??
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_morning-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:00d6c56a-754d-413b-b57c-57e364f4c1e1Post:b5be1de1-5fbf-44de-b924-83ca07b930de">Re:Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Morning: Um, yes I am. And I don't have to share my wedding weekend with ANYONE. Ha. <strong>So let's spend the next two weeks talking about me, shall we??</strong>
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

<div>I love this plan. Did you finish all your pomanders? All set with the centerpiece design?</div>

• SwazzleSwazzle member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_morning-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:00d6c56a-754d-413b-b57c-57e364f4c1e1Post:22c9c12d-1c92-4b95-b5dc-8b0899d13759">Re: Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]It was okay. I worked all weekend. Yesterday I got holiday pay though. 
    Posted by MidniteRae[/QUOTE]

<div>Hi Rae! Sucks you had to work yesterday but at least it was extra!</div>

• In Response to Re:Morning:[QUOTE]I love this plan. Did you finish all your pomanders? All set with the centerpiece design? Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]

I'm almost finished with the pomanders. I just need to pick up a little extra fabric to fill out a couple of them. And I feel pretty good about our centerpieces.

I'm currently engaged in a backandforth with our venue contact and it's making me want to tear my hair out. More on that later.
  • I too stalked people who got married waiting for more wedding pictures. :)

FI and I picked our wedding songs this weekend and I'm pretty dang excited about them. Here is the one we are having during the unity candle (FI's sister is singing, FI's roommate is playing guitar, and a friend is playing piano): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtG_WMb9DA8  The lyrics are just so stinkin' cute. I love it.
    We're walking out to this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RS2nfeN4DEw  Except played on piano/guitar. 

We also spend the weekend at the cabin. It was pretty relaxing. The boys put the boat in, and well... I watched. I can't lift it! (or the docks) 

We also majorly cut our guest list. We had over 200 on it. Now we're down to 170. We took off anyone we wont see much after the wedding or people we're not that close to. We just realized how ridiculous it was getting- so expensive. Also we just don't have room in our reception hall for all of those people. If all 200 showed up, we woudl be in trouble! So yep. I'm happy with it. Probably 30 or so wont be able to come, and if 140 show up I would be one happy lady. 
    Used to be bourgehm. +1,500 posts. Silly knot
  • Elle, only two weeks?  Holy shiznit.

Our weekend was great.  Lots of family time and delicious food.  G got to play with his cousins Saturday and Sunday. 

DH made tons of progress on our back deck.  I might be sipping cocktails out there by this weekend.  We knew it was going to be big but it is truly HUGE.  It also has the best wood I've ever seen.  (That's what she said.)  I cannot wait for our first party this summer. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_morning-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:00d6c56a-754d-413b-b57c-57e364f4c1e1Post:c2c4fe4b-e024-4082-950a-44c4351f4256">Re: Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]Elle, only two weeks?  Holy shiznit. Our weekend was great.  Lots of family time and delicious food.  G got to play with his cousins Saturday and Sunday.  DH made tons of progress on our back deck.  I might be sipping cocktails out there by this weekend.  We knew it was going to be big but it is truly HUGE. <strong> It also has the best wood I've ever seen.  (That's what she said.) </strong> I cannot wait for our first party this summer. 
    Posted by TheMutleys[/QUOTE]

<div>That's hilarious, Mutley!</div><div>
    </div><div>DH and I did a bunch of stuff around the house, had some people over, and just enjoyed our new patio furniture. It was a very relaxing weekend, but by mid-day Sunday, I was kind of bored out of my mind. I had read all my magazines, so I definitely need to get some new books. Time to go to the library!</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• BF and I had a busy weekend, but we got to see tons of fun people!

Friday night I was supposed to work late, but got cut at 7:30 (score!) so BF and I had a porch drinking/ date night.

Saturday morning I played in the garden and made breakfast, then we headed down to my aunt and uncle's boat christening. I spent the afternoon sipping cocktails on a 40ft sail boat with my family, and I have the sun burn to prove it! That night we had BF's BFF and his wife over (who happens to be one of my BFFs) for more porch drinking. 

Sunday we did nothing and it was awesome! 

Monday I went for a run and then we went to his parents house for a BBQ. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_morning-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:00d6c56a-754d-413b-b57c-57e364f4c1e1Post:c2c4fe4b-e024-4082-950a-44c4351f4256">Re: Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Elle, only two weeks?</strong>  Holy shiznit. Our weekend was great.  Lots of family time and delicious food.  G got to play with his cousins Saturday and Sunday.  DH made tons of progress on our back deck.  I might be sipping cocktails out there by this weekend.  We knew it was going to be big but it is truly HUGE.  It also has the best wood I've ever seen.  (That's what she said.)  I cannot wait for our first party this summer. 

YES!  11 days, actually.  Holy shiznit, indeed.

Also, I'm jealous of your wood.

...did that come out wrong?  I can only hope.
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_morning-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:00d6c56a-754d-413b-b57c-57e364f4c1e1Post:0b82100b-7b45-43a1-b3c0-c75ece971bda">Re: Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Morning : YES!  11 days, actually.  Holy shiznit, indeed.

Also, I'm jealous of your wood.

...did that come out wrong?  I can only hope.
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

You should be jealous.  It is 16 feet long.  BAM!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_morning-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:00d6c56a-754d-413b-b57c-57e364f4c1e1Post:771b6ca3-75c2-49f9-b663-ec4de6d3dd22">Re: Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Morning : You should be jealous.  It is 16 feet long.  BAM!
    I need some nice 16 foot wood in my life.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards