California-Los Angeles
Options

Downtown LA Bridal dresses?

Has anyone been to Downtown LA to shop for bridal dresses??? I know they have deals for so many things down there, and was wondering if anyone could reccommend any stores?

Re: Downtown LA Bridal dresses?

• Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't been but there are a ton.  A lot of the dresses that I see in the windows are the big, puffy princess dresses but I'm sure that not every dress in the store is like that.  I would just take a day and go in the stores and see the inventory.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    gmjpeachgmjpeach member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi!

I actually went looking, and to be honest, did not think the dresses were a deal.  First, keep in mind there is no "Price".  I am blonde and blue eyed, but both my mom and I speak fluent spanish.  We asked how much a dress was, and was told $1500.  A few minutes later, a lady came up and asked about the same dress, and was told in spanish $1000 for the same dress.

The places were not a deal, and the quality wasn't good either.

However, we went back this last weekend to look for a veil and found several places for headpieces and veils.  I got a two goregous headpeices for $30 each!  Similar ones I have seen for $200!

I also found a great place for slips and hoop skirts calld Dong Bo.  I bought my veil hear.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ohh thanks for the advice! Good points! What part of downtown LA did you go? is there an area that sells bridal gowns?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you go to near Santee Street there are a ton of dress shops. But as jagore08 said most are big puffy ballgowns. I went to the flower mart last weekend and popped into one of the bridal stores to try on a dress for the first time and I gotta say the experience was overwhelming. They won't put dresses on hold to allow you to think about it, they can't special order in a different size, what's on the racks is what you get. They will really try and put the sales pressure on that this price is SO great but they cant guarentee it will be there when you come back. Not exactly the kind of pressure you want while buying a wedding dress. The prices were definitely a lot cheaper though so if you can handle the sales pressure and you know what you want check it out! HTH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Everything is fast paced downtown.  Personally, it's not where I would want to buy my dress.  Plus, I don't know how comfortable I would feel walking down the street with a dress b/c chances are you won't be able to park anywhere nearby and some parts around there are pretty sketchy.  Sorry if I offend someone, but I never really felt safe going downtown...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good points! Thanks ladies!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'll also add, that I wanted the moment when my mom & I found my dress to be all about puppies, sunshine, and rainbows.  I get the feeling I would never have those fuzzies downtown.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    groovysuvigroovysuvi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you're still looking in the $800-$3000 range, you should check out the Glamour Closet just south of Melrose.  They have sample sale dresses from hundreds of designers for half off.  I got my dress there and I couldn't be happier.
  • Options
    OMAR1DEBOMAR1DEB member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I totally agree with CurlyGirlyGirl... u want it to be a special moment with my mom and sister and the lady offended all 3 of us and rudely yelled at my mom for taking a pic of my (like seriously yelled at her while she was holding the camera up with her eyes welled up with tears) it was lame.... (this was at ibex on los angeles blvd.) and the stores in dtla are always like super crowded with merchandise and they have crappy little fitting rooms with curtains as doors and they treat u like crap...beware!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards