July 2012 Weddings

A hard day in an even harder fight

So I haven't been feeling very well lately.  After finally being pushed by my Fi to go see a doctor, I finally made the appointment and went.  She decided to run blood work on me and the results came back abnormal.  She had also done a full physical on me even though I had just had one done 6 months ago, but she insisted. 
It's a good thing she did, my results came back abnormal for that too.  She called me Wednesday and asked me if I could come in Thursday.  I knew something was up and brought FI.  I knew something was really wrong when I didn't go into a regular room, but placed into her office and asked if FI wanted to come with me.
She informed me I have cervical cancer and gave me my options.  She said that because I am so young that she wants to try chemotherapy and radiation before anything else. I meet my Oncologist on Monday.
I'm feeling like I'm sitting on train tracks in a fog and have just been hit by a steam engine going full speed.
I feel like I had to tell someone and I don't want to tell anyone in RL yet until I've worked out my feelings about this and am ready to talk about it with them since I know there's going to be a million questions from them.
Sigh
. Anniversary aandt image

Re: A hard day in an even harder fight

• I am so sorry to hear that Madison. At least you have your FI right by your side every step of the way. I hope things get better. My T's & P's are with you!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • The good news is that it was caught and it is treatable in most cases.  I am so sorry that you have to go through this.  It sounds like you are in good hands with your doctors who push for getting the right treatment for you.

Please keep us updated and though you are worried about telling real-life people, this is a really common type of cancer and help can come from the most unlikely of places.
  • Oh Madisonpenny, I am so sorry. This must be scary. I'm glad they caught it and you can be treated right away. I'm so glad FI was there with you.

We'll be there for you the entire way. T&Ps to your way.
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Madison...I am SO SORRY you are going through this.  I cried when I read your post.  Even though none of us knotties are RL friends of yours, know that we care about you!!!

Chemotherapy has gotten more and more effective and it sounds like a strong treatment plan is being put in place for you (My fiance is an oncology pharmacist and I hear about his work with chemo practically every day). It also sounds like you have a really wonderful doctor who caught your cancer sooner rather than later.

I will be thinking about you - T&Ps are being sent your way.  Please keep us updated. 

PS If you have any questions for my fiance please let me know - he works for the #1 cancer facility in our state and is a genius, and I am sure he would be happy to talk to you.   
  • Ohhhh noo! I'm sending tp your way!
  • What horrible news. My thoughts are with you at this time.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I don't even know what to say.  I'm so unbelievably sorry for your bad news. 

Please know that as terrifying as this it, it is not an automatic death sentence.  The best thing you can do is educate yourself, listen to your doctors, and get a second opinion if you feel you need to.  My family is no stranger to cancer, so I know what you are dealing with right now.  Lean on your family and friends... don't shoulder the burden all on yourself. 

We're here for you, too!  Please keep us updated and know that you have a friend in all of us.

Be strong!!! You're going to be just fine!  <3<3
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Oh my goodness, I am SOOOO sorry :( *hugs*

My heart just broke reading that...such a scary thing for you to be going through. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts coming your way! You CAN and WILL beat this!!! I'm so glad you were able to catch it, but I'm so sorry it turned out to be cancer.
    imageAnniversary
  • I am so sorry about your news Madisonpenny! Throughts and prayers to you, I can't imagine how you must be feeling. Stay strong girl, let us know how things progress.
    Photobucket
  • I'm soooo sorry! My half sister was diagnosed earlier this year but since she hadn't had regular care hers was pretty advanced she had a hysterectomy. I'm glad you listened to your body went in. I will be sending time of hugs prayers you way.
    :)AJ Pregnancy Ticker
  • Oh my gosh I'm so sorry. I can't even imagine what you and your FI are feeling right now. I wish I could do something to help. 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • This must be so scary for you - I'm so sorry you're going through it. I think it's smart of you to wait until you are ready to tell your loved ones, it's important to take care of yourself and your emotions. Tell them when you feel ready and I am sure they will want to be there for you throughout whatever is to come.

Thinking of you.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am so so sorry to hear this. I'll be sure to keep you in my prayers. You're lucky to have such a great FI to convince you to go to the doctor and support you through this hard time. We're all here for you to support you, too!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • I am so sorry. Love and hugs and prayers.
    My blog
    "I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." -Isaiah 61:10 NKJV
  • I am so sorry to hear that.I just prayed for you.

Julie
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Madisonpenny I am so sorry to hear this!  Hugs!!!

AS everyone said my thoughts and prayers are going to you in full force!  hopefully everything is in a super early stage so that you can really treat it effectively.  Keep us posted and remember we are all hear to listen when you need it.

Stay strong.
  • I am so sorry! That must be very scary! I'm glad you have your fiance by your side through this difficult time. My thoughts are with you!
  • Thanks girls for all your thoughts and prayers.  I think right now I'm trying to tell myself that I will beat this.  Because of the profession I'm in I see people dying from it all the time too and I'm right there with them sometimes 1-2 days before they die.
    Also my family history is not very encouraging either, no one in my family has ever beat cancer and every one of my grandparents have died from some form of the disease (except 1 grandmother who is still alive).
    Don't get me wrong, I'm going to fight this thing and I will win one way or another.  I just need to figure out how.

I guess Fi and I will also need to decide what were going to do about this upcoming wedding. You know the saying "When it rains it pours"? well I seem to get torrential downpours when it rains in my neighborhood lol.
    . Anniversary aandt image
  • I am so sorry! That must be very scary! I'm glad you have your fiance by your side through this difficult time. My thoughts are with you!
  • I'm so sorry, Madisonpenny! I will keep you in my thoughts! You definitely did the right thing to get checked out. We are here if/when you need to talk about anything or just vent.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm so sorry Madison. Thoughts and prayers are coming your way
    imageAnniversary
  • mekiakoomekiakoo member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited March 2012

My mom has had 6 cancers (all different types), it is always very scary. She is a nurse, she has her masters in holistic health too and she specializes in pain management. Please feel free to PM me if you want to get in touch with my mom, she is very sweet and will gladly give you some tips if needed.

doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm so sorry to hear this!  As everyone else said, stay strong and your knottie friends are here for you!  Thoughts & Prayers coming your way!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Photobucket
  • I'm so sorry. My thoughts and prayers go out to you. Know that even though we've never met your knotties are here for you.

image 180 invited image 145 are ready to party image 35 are missing out image 0! can't find the mailbox rsvp's due back June 20th! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am so sorry to hear this. I may be a newbie on this forum compared to others, but you do start to "recognize" posters and feel for them. SOmetimes I think it's easier to share certain things with a bunch of "strangers" so please post long and often!
    ~ES~
  • I'm so sorry to hear this Andrea! Lots of T&Ps are coming your way!
  • I'm so sorry for your horrible news :-( You sound like a strong woman, I know you will  beat this and overcome it! Stay positive! I would try and keep all of your wedding plans the same if possible. I think with the least amount of change from your normal life the better to reduce stress on yourself. T & P's being sent your way!
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Always stay positive. Lots of people have beat this, and you will do very good with the support if your fi. T and P are with you.
  • I'm sorry to hear your sad news.  Even though it may be difficult you need to stay strong and fight this.  Half the battle will be believing you can beat this.  My thoughts and prayers are with you.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am so sorry Madison. Sending you hugs and keeping you in my thoughts.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards