Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Pros and Cons of holding a wedding on Saturday/Sunday

I'm thinking about having my wedding on a Sunday due to cost ... I want to make sure I'm making the right decision. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Re: Pros and Cons of holding a wedding on Saturday/Sunday

• Con- Some people might have to leave early to be up for work the next day. Pro- Because of the previously mentioned pro, you might save money on booze. Pro- Some people might actually have an easier time taking off on Sunday/Monday than Saturday. That's how it is for me and my bf, at least. Pro- saving money, FTW!
  • Pros: You save a lot of money...and if you have a church wedding, many churches will wave the fees if you get married during sunday morning worship (a growing trend, actually).

Cons: friends and family may not be able to stay as long (unless you do it on a holiday weekend like labor day or memorial day) because they'll have to be back at work/school the next day...and you won't get as many out of towners for that reason. 

A friday wedding will also save you a lot of money.   

Pregnancy Ticker
  • If I were invited to a wedding held on a Sunday, I wouldn't think anything of it except that I wouldn't stay as late/drink as much.

Go for it :)
  • We are having our wedding on a Sunday so I say go for it. I suggest you do (if you can) a holiday weekend. Labor Day or Memorials Day so most people can enjoy the drinks and not have to worry about work the next day.

• I had my wedding on a Sunday but it was over Memorial weekend, this way our guests didn't have to take any time off of work.  It saved us a lot of money and our venue said we didn't have to have a minimum guest count (although we weren't worried about that).  Many guests had to travel  because both of our families are spread out all over but I didn't notice much of a difference in travel prices.  The hotels didn't up their rates either and we got a good deal when I booked blocks. 
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Sunday afternoon for a regular weekend or Sunday evening for a holiday weekend is perfect for a wedding. I can't think of any cons.

• You can safely assume that with plenty of notice everyone who you want there, will be there.
    June 2012 Siggy Challenge - Wedding Shoes - Which ones?
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Were doing our on a Sunday as well.  The money saved is amazing!
    Were starting the reception a little earlier so people don't feel bad leaving early and possibly missing something.  The parking lot near our reception site is also free on Sunday :)
  • my fi and i were gonna get married on sunday bc of the cost so what we picked a sunday that was followed by a holiday the next day so the majority of people had the next day off of work 9/1/13 was gonna be our date but our venue gave us the option to have that saturday at sundays prices :). good luck!
    Anniversary

TTC starting 8/2014 :)
    My Ovulation Chart

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards